Góriz-normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.66210°N / 0.05370°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F (Fácil, Easy)
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

You must to see the route normal of Monte Perdido to approach to refuge of Góriz.

Route Description

Trailhead: refuge of Góriz (2185m)
Slope: 817m.
Time: 2h30min to summit.

In Refuge of Góriz we'll take the marks of GR-11 (paint red and white) to east side in direction to col superior de Góriz (2343m, 30 min) under the range of Punta Custodia (2518m) in right side and Torre de Góriz (2792m) in left side (north). In this point we'll turn to NE leaving the route SE to Fuen Blanca (both routes with the marks of GR-11). This is a bad terrain with some stones to reach the terraces of left side under the great wall of Punta de las Olas. The point of entry in the wall is far away (SE of summit), near of the end of the wall, signaled with cairns to climb a little easy chimney (grade I) to reach the upper section. In this great ramp over the wall only we'll must to walk little by little to reach the summit of Punta de las Olas in a hard, but very easy, slope.

Generally the descent is following the same route.

Essential Gear

Nothing special in summer. Early in the season and in winter and spring is neccesary the use of crampons and ice-axe in the access to the wall of Punta de las Olas.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.