Desert Solitaire

Offline

A Little About Me

Currently cycling across the Americas. Departed Los Angeles, CA on November 30, and hoping to reach Patagonia sometime by 2009.

Along the way, have climbed Citlatepétl (5,636 meters), Rucu Pichincha (4,797 mts), Cotopaxi (5,897 mts), Illiniza Norte (5126 mts), and Chimborazo (6310 mts).

Looking forward to more climbing in the coming months in the Cordillera Blanca, the Cordillera Real, and Aconcagua sometime in Jan/Feb 2009.

If you live anywhere en route from California to Patagonia, or if you will be traveling anywhere en route, or if you just want to drop a line, I would love to spend some time and share stories. My bicycle and I - wanderers, adventurers, and messengers of love...

are riding South!

Happy Trails,
Japhy

www.transformundo.com



Interests:

- the High Sierra and Yosemite
- Expedition Cycling
- multi pitch trad climbing (lead up to 5.10a)
- peakbagging and mountain climbing (especially remote SPS peaks)
- bouldering (up to V6)
- long dayhikes (Goddard, Clark, Devil's Crags, etc.)
- Sierra history and mountaineering lore
- Wine. yes. lots of wine.

Partner Details: I love all forms of outdoor fun. Looking for partners with sound judgment, reason, and a capacity to challenge themselves. Hiking/tradclimbing/peakbagging/bouldering/lakeswimming... its all good with me, as long as its either 1) challenging, 2) rewarding, 3) or novel. For climbing, I lead trad comfortably up to 5.10a, prefer cracks over high-angle slab. Some find it strange that I sometimes call stumbling over miles and miles of talus to summit a peak "fun."
Mountaineering Goals: 1) return safely; 2) have fun; 3) reach the summit..... and yes, in just that order.

My Images

See all of my 30 Images:

My Lists

Show Lists

Content loading here...

Messages Relevant to Me

Messages Posted to My Contributions

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Replies to My Messages

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Messages I Posted/ Editable Objects

Messages I've Posted

Show Messages

Content loading here...

Objects I Can Edit

Show Objects

Content loading here...

Reviews I Posted/Reviews Posted to my Gear

Reviews I've Posted

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Reviews Posted to my Gear

Show Reviews

Content loading here...

Objects Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Objects

Content loading here...

Photos Others Have Attached to My Objects

Show Attached Photos

Content loading here...