Mule Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
T. White

T. White - Nov 11, 2018 5:40 pm Date Climbed: Nov 4, 2018

Pleasant walk, pleasant views  Sucess!

Long drive off the highway... short walk to the top. Despite it being November, the weather was lovely aside from the Alder/Moses/Mountaineer fire complex spewing smoke into the air. Great views of fall color in the Tule drainage and of smoke-outlined ridges to the south.

wordlessnature

wordlessnature - Sep 5, 2017 12:35 am Date Climbed: Sep 4, 2017

Nice walk, great views.  Sucess!

Really nice spot, walked up with my wife and our 2 year old son in the backpack. Talked to the ranger stationed at the lookout and surveyed part of the active Pier Fire currently burning on Black Mountain.

KVHiker

KVHiker - Aug 13, 2009 1:28 pm Date Climbed: Aug 4, 2009

Perfect Weather #2  Sucess!

I went on a hike to Mule Peak Lookout using trail 31E43. The trailhead is located about 5 miles off of Western Divide Highway using road 22S03. The altitude is 8142', the elevation gain is around 500 feet, and the distance is approximately 1.5 miles round trip. We found the register on some rocks at the summit near the lookout.

Photos

tarol

tarol - Jul 24, 2006 8:19 pm Date Climbed: Jul 23, 2006

What a great view!  Sucess!

It was well worth the long drive to the trailhead and hike up to the top to see the view! I enjoyed talking with the Lookout about her job. Recently she had a direct lightning strike... this time of year when the monsoonal flow from Mexico causes thunderstorms in the Sierra it's wise to hike to the top of Mule Peak in the morning... don't wait until afternoon!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Mule Peak' main page