My very own wolfpack

My very own wolfpack

My wolfpack just below the summit of Volz Benchmark.
The talus is too steep and loose to safely be accompanied by a leashed dog, so my husband and I had to trade off dog-watching duties to reach the summit.
14 June 2009
Sarah Simon
on Jun 22, 2009 11:40 pm
Image Type(s): Informational
Image ID: 523692

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Jun 23, 2009 12:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Great shot...

great outing, great family.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Jun 23, 2009 1:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great shot...

Thanks, Marc. We are one happy, goofy family. The dogs, with their unconditional love, help us to remember what's really important in life.

Sarah

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jun 23, 2009 9:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Great shot...

Glad to see you back in Colorado!

One question : Who let the dog out ??? : )

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Jun 23, 2009 10:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great shot...

Who, the big dawg in the maroon shirt and sunglasses? I let him out once or twice a week if he's good. ;)

madeintahoe

madeintahoe - Jun 23, 2009 10:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Wonderful Happy Dogs

I really love this picture...thank you. My husband and I are mourning the passing of our last doggie Lucy..she was our 7th doggie...she passed over yesterday 6/22/09..horrible aching pain it is to loose them.
I think it's awesome you take them on your hikes with you...they like us enjoy being out in the wilds.
Enjoy them all and thank you

Anita

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Jun 23, 2009 11:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful Happy Dogs

Anita,

We just recently put down a 16-17 year old (Tom adopted her from the pound as pup but isn't sure of the year) dog named Bubba (female). It broke our hearts.

My thoughts are with you and your husband with the loss of Lucy. I'm sure you gave her a wonderful life. RIP, beloved Lucy. :(

Sarah

StarMan

StarMan - Jun 25, 2009 8:31 am - Voted 10/10

Nice looking wolfpack!

And proud to see our state highpoint prominently displayed on Alpha! I notice the bear spray... any occasion to use it? (Well I hope not!)

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Jun 25, 2009 10:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice looking wolfpack!

StarMan,

I was WAITING for a N. Carolinian to notice that shirt. Tom's an Alabama native; he was overjoyed to see Moonpies in NC.

We don't run into many bears in CO, honestly, but it's a "just in case." Really, loose, out of control dogs are more of a problem. You know...the "friendly dogs" who are "under voice command", right until they lunge at our dogs and attack. So, the bear spray is as much for aggressive dogs as for bears.

After all, the bear spray is a bit more politically correct of a solution than the 40-cal. ;)

Sarah

Viewing: 1-8 of 8