New Zealand 2010

New Zealand 2010

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Hiking, Wildlife, Scenery, Panorama, Water

Land of the Long White Cloud

After much scrimping and saving Charlotte and I finally got it together to organise a three week trip around New Zealand. Finally, on the 31st of January this year we left chilly Wales for the much sunnier climes of the Southern Hemisphere and after a flight that lasted many hours and involved visiting many airports, we touched down in Auckland on the 2nd of February. So by foot, campervan, ferry, plane and helicopter we wove our way around the hills and plains of both North and South Islands, carefully mingling touristy nonsense with activities of a more adventurous kind. This album only contains photos that are relevant to SP, i.e. those taken while climbing, hiking and occasionally flying, through the mountains of the country known to its natives as Aotearoa.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Mar 23, 2010 10:30 am - Voted 10/10

As always...

As always, a very good presentation!!!
It is a good example for others SP members, unexperienced in the album creation.
Romek

Nanuls

Nanuls - Mar 23, 2010 1:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: As always...

Cheers Romek, glad you like it!

EricChu

EricChu - Mar 23, 2010 4:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Fantastic!

By the time I've finished looking through this album, I will probably have reserved that plane ticket!!
Cheers,
Eric

Nanuls

Nanuls - Mar 24, 2010 5:31 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantastic!

Thanks Eric. There's a lot of photos there, but trust me, it's a lot less than I actually took!

Big Benn

Big Benn - Apr 7, 2010 2:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Up to your usual standard

Still working my way through the photos Dan, but you clearly packed your photo skills and took them with you for that trip. Some great stuff.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Apr 8, 2010 4:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Up to your usual standard

Thanks Bryan, you should have seen the amount of kit I dragged out there!

cwoo24 - Jan 22, 2011 1:27 pm - Hasn't voted

wow..

flew back to canada the end of january after 3 months of terrible weather with a few breaks in the clouds along the way lol. Looks like you had perfect weather when you were there! Mt. Aspiring, Mt.Cook and Milford Sound! All with blue sky! Wow!

Nanuls

Nanuls - Jan 24, 2011 5:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: wow..

Thanks! Sorry about your trip, I'd heared that the weather had been terrible before Igot there, I think I got real lucky!

cwoo24 - Jan 28, 2011 3:19 am - Hasn't voted

NZ

NZ is an absolutely amazing place. The southern alps inspired me to start climbing and I'll return one day to stand on top of Mt. Cook.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Feb 7, 2011 8:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: NZ

Now that's a good objective! I hope to return someday too!

Viewing: 1-10 of 10