Nicolas in mountainsNicolas, Mikołaj in Polish, is born November 13th 2008 and weighted four and half kilos. He's got a very similar face than his mum, but got the most important from his dad : the eyes, the tanned skin, the calm character and above all the same craziness when it's all about behaving like a clown, laughing out of breath, and above all going somewhere. Wherever. To the park, to the car when it's all about going to a new destination or, the best of the best, cycling with dad and watching trains as a goal.
His weight and size always remained at the image of what he was when born (at one year he did 12, and now almost 17). He is definitely fit and strong but never behaves nastily. He began to walk at 15 months but has rapidly got the ability to run, explore, and has now a passion (sometimes dangerous !) to climb all what he sees: the sofa, the chairs, the furnitures... myself sometimes.
He started to speak quite late while being two and half, but made rapid progress when he attended the kindergarten. He mostly speaks Polish and says a couple of words in French yet. However he understands it well and we hope he will be bilingual.
We are not planning to impose him our passion for hiking and traveling, but hope that we will correctly communicate him our tastes in simple and sane way so that he will also enjoy it. This article summarizes all.
We started to hike with him quite late, with our Lafuma Walkid ( good rucksack, despite Nicolas is extremely heavy in it). Since he is 4, he walks now quite well and we can easily make hikes of few hours with about 400-500m of ascent... even if he tends to ask still quite often "Tata, na balonie" (distorsion of "na baranie" which means on the shoulders)
- In 2009 the Pieniny, the Pyrenees, and Rudawy Janowickie.
- In 2010 the Bohemian Switzerland, the Rügen island with the new bike trailer, the Czech Beskids, Adrspach, Gorce and Tatras.
- In 2011, a busy week in the Pyrenees, a week-end in the Silesian Beskids, many bike rides with the trailer in the Sudetes (Bóbr & Izerskie) and a first summit log on Ślęża.
- In 2012, few hikes in Croatia (Plitvice, Paklenica, Zavizan), Gromnik and Wielka Sowa in the autumn
- In 2013, first Winter log on Ostrzyca, a two-days expedition on Śnieżnik, a busy week in the Pyrenees, Wielka Sowa again with mum, 4 days in the Tatras and the Dunajec, Broumovské stěny
[ View Gallery - 412 More Images ]