normal route by Yalak Vadisi Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
turan

turan - Dec 1, 2005 9:05 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

Day 1: Cappadocia - Cukurbag - Karagol

Depart for the Taurus range, on the way visit of Derinkuyu Underground City. This is an amazing site where you descend to 87m under the ground, visiting on the way 8 floors! 1h30 drive to Cukurbag village. After lunch in Cukurbag village, we will drive half an hour more to the trekking start point near by Maden gorge. After 3 hours trekking, we arrive to campsite. O/n (B,L,D)



Day 2: Karagol - Yedigoller

Early in the morning we start walking via Karagol (black lake) and Yýldýz (Star) Lake. Climb up to Tekekalesi (3517m). After having lunch there descend down to Yedigoller plateau (3100 m). Overnight in front of Direktas north face at campsite. (8 hours walk) (B,L,D)



Day 3: Yedigoller – Emler Summit (3723 m.)

Today there is a possibility to climb the Emler summit. With an easy walk we can reach this marvelous viewpoint for a superb view of the Yedigoller area. If the meteorology permits it, we will see the Anatolian volcanoes, Hasan (3268 m) and Argeus (3916 m). The Bolkar range is also viewable. The afternoon is free for personal discovering of the area and rest. This will be an opportunity to join one of the numerous lakes, for a refreshing swim. 5 hours trekking. Ascent and descent 623m. (B,L,D)



Day 4: Yedigoller - Sokulupinar

We ascend to Emler summit (3723m) via Celikbuyduran Pass (3500m), where we can see Erciyes Volcano, Hasan Volcano and Bolkar Range of Taurus mountains. Than we descend down to Sokulupinar camp (2000m). (6 – 7 hours walk) (B,L,D)



Day 5: Sokulupinar – Emli Valley

Ascend to Sakartas (2300 m) and traverse to Eznevit semi-nomad campsite where we may meet some families grazing their flocks around. After having lunch descend down to Sýyýrmalýk valley with a nice view. O/N at campsite in Emli valley. (B,L,D)



Day 6: Emli Valley - Kayseri - Istanbul

Depart for Kayseri, transfer to the airport to fly to Istanbul. Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to hotel for overnight. Free afternoon in Istanbul. (B,B)



For More details contact turan@demavendtravel.com

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'normal route by Yalak Vadisi' main page