Normal Route of the NE side of the Batian Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Plizi

Plizi - Jul 16, 2012 9:06 am Date Climbed: Jul 5, 2012

Normal route in N face of Batian  Sucess!

We start at midnight (afraid of afternoon storm) from Shiptons camp. On summit at sunrise (about 6:30) and back in the camp before noon. Perfect climbing conditions - just litle icy from 5000 m to top. Hardes part on Firmins tower may be 5 or 5+ UIAA(but we climb it in night).Rest is much easier max 4 UIAA in parts.

Dadzis

Dadzis - Mar 13, 2008 2:12 am Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2007

Normal Route NE side of Batian  Sucess!

After arriving from sea level just a few days before, progress was pretty slow. So we spent two nights on the mountain with a planned bivy in the ampitheatre at 4800m and unplanned bivy at 5100m on the way back down.

Juho

Juho - Sep 24, 2007 9:05 am Date Climbed: Sep 16, 2007

Climate change first hand

Supposedly the driest month of the year gave me rather solid rain/snow/hail for 4 days. Made it up to Firmin Tower (4990m, verified with GPS) on Batian before having to turn back due to snowfall, snow and heavy wet ropes slowing the progress down and endangering safe descent during daylight.

Nigel Lewis

Nigel Lewis - May 15, 2007 6:21 pm

second time lucky  Sucess!

first go I got half way up the Firmin Tower before being hit by a snow storm. Came back 4 years later and together with Andy Rees, made the summit. Still my fav mtn!!

N

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Normal Route of the NE side of the Batian' main page