Normal route Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 24, 2007 10:58 am - Voted 10/10

The fourth approach

There are three possible approaches to reach Passo Oberenghe...
You didn't mention the approach from Val Frison.

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Nov 24, 2007 11:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: The fourth approach

It's the approach from Forcella Lavardet.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 24, 2007 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: The fourth approach

Nope, on my map (and I saw the path, driving by) the ascent starts on the road on the altitude of 1350m. The path 314 then goes directly on Passo Oberenghe (NE direction). Forcella Lavardet is 1490m, south of Creta di Mimoias, which rises just between Forcella Lavardet and Passo Oberenghe. From Forcella Lavardet you would probably best go around Creta di Mimoias by the east side (road and then path no. 202). Hm?

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Nov 24, 2007 12:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: The fourth approach

It's explained on the page that you have to walk 2 km on the road ( which is often closed, I don't know if you can still go there by car ). On the map that I posted is more clear. The path that you mention ( very long and boring ) goes to Casera Mimoias where it meets the other one coming from Pian di Casa, which is the best option.
Ciao!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 24, 2007 5:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: The fourth approach

Aha, yes, I was not reading carefully enough. Perhaps on Casera Mimoias it would be good to take a bike :)

Regarding the road through Val Frison: Last year I came down by car from Casera Razzo, then to Forcella Lavardet and further down into Val Frison. The road was really bad, so I was scared, but continued anyway. The road was worst west of Terza Grande, where big gravel fields were hardly passable. Then I came on top of a hill, where a series of serpentines descend in the lower part of the valley. They were asphalted and I almost felt rescued. But below the road was again macadam and destroyed. Still, it went out to Campolongo. Interesting drive!

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Nov 24, 2007 11:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: The fourth approach

I also took that road some years ago and I almost broke my car. I went there a few months ago and it was closed. If you can go at the beginning of the path n°314 by car it could be maybe the fastest approach ( but the views on the way are much better from Sappada or from Val Pesarina ). Going by bike to Casera Mimoias can be also a good idea.
Ciao!

Andrej Mašera

Andrej Mašera - Nov 24, 2007 12:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice page

Congratulations and thanks for an another interesting page describing a beautiful ascent on Terza Grande. I like this mountain very much.
Best wishes,
Andrej

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Nov 24, 2007 12:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice page

Thank you Andrej! Who doesn't love this mountain?
But don't forget to check the main page of Terza Grande too.
Ciao!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Normal route' main page