thepluggerUntitled Comment

theplugger

Could benefit from much more detail, especially about getting there and the routes.
Posted Feb 26, 2002 6:26 pm

mpbroUntitled Comment

mpbro

Nice work, Craig.

Revised down to zero stars. Should get this page adopted...

Elektroman,

Thanks for adding this page. IMO, it's a bit thin. Here are some things the page would benefit from your adding:

• How hard is the easiest route up the mountain? What is the easiest route up?

• How do I get to Glacier Lodge? Directions from Bishop or the nearest town would suffice.

• Red tape: Inyo NF has a lot of red tape and I hear it is increasing. Could you do a bit of research on permits, fees, etc.? Also, could you provide a phone number and/or web link to the relevant ranger station(s)?

• When to climb: If the most obvious route is a couloir, you might add some info on the condition of the snow in the couloir. When is it best? I personally like to backcountry ski, so I would like to know how winter road closures affect access to this or any other mountain.

• Camping: Doyou mean "Dusy Basin"? Would like to see a sentence on where/how to get permits.

Thanks in advance,

Morgan
Posted Mar 6, 2002 4:54 pm

Dave DalyUntitled Comment

Dave Daly

Ah, looks nice! I'll be waiting your TR and photos for the Horse Chute (Michele on lead, of course!)
Posted Apr 22, 2002 3:37 pm

RomainUntitled Comment

Romain

Nice page Craig. But the title picture is a bit dark. I would replace it with this one.

Posted Oct 8, 2002 11:20 am

Craig PeerUntitled Comment

Craig Peer

Nice photo. Will do.
Posted Oct 10, 2002 9:06 am

Dave KUntitled Comment

Dave K

Very nice page! Norman Clyde Peak is on my ever-expanding list of peaks to climb.
Posted Oct 21, 2002 1:06 pm

Craig PeerUntitled Comment

Craig Peer

I wouldn't mind climbing it again next year via the ice gully. Climbing a favorite mountain more than once via different routes was one of Norman Clydes best traits. He just loved climbing mountains! So do I ( I just don't have as much time as Norman ).
Posted Oct 21, 2002 3:12 pm

Fred SpickerUntitled Comment

Fred Spicker

Great page!

Guess that I don't have to ask if this one is named for Norman Clyde........
Posted May 5, 2003 8:54 am

Craig PeerUntitled Comment

Craig Peer

Thanks Bob - this is a fine peak climb, isn't it?!!
Posted Nov 18, 2004 12:54 pm

Bob BurdUntitled Comment

Bob Burd

Indeed it was. One of the best in the area without a rope that I can recall.
Posted Nov 18, 2004 10:40 pm

miztflipUntitled Comment

miztflip

Nice job Craig, and a cool peak.
Posted Nov 26, 2004 9:37 pm