North Suicide Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-11 of 11

Mountaintop Prayers - Jun 2, 2021 3:08 pm

Re: A comparison

What route did you do for North? Wanna take me up North like you did South? Peace to ya!

larch32

larch32 - Jun 4, 2018 10:29 pm Date Climbed: Aug 1, 2015

Flattop/ptarmigan/north/south suicide  Sucess!

Fun Traverse!

guerinak

guerinak - Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Rabbit Creek Approach  Sucess!

Climbed with Galen Johnston summer 2011. Climbed up South Suicide then headed to North Suicide via Windy Gap.

Laron

Laron - Jun 26, 2012 12:36 pm

3 different routes  Sucess!

I've climbed N. Suicide via 3 different routes and at different times of year. I did a traverse over from S. Suicide then over to Powerline Pass in; it's easy except for a couple bouldery moves at the top. Then did a "killer" traverse from Indian, Homicide and on over via the n. ridge with a couple challenging class 4 sections. Finally, last October we took on a snow couloir on the SW face to gain the upper west rib, which led to the north ridge a short ways before the summit. The last bit up to the summit was very challenging mixed snow and rock.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Sep 14, 2008 4:30 pm Date Climbed: Sep 1, 2008

A comparison  Sucess!

Although I had done South Suicide in the past, this summer I finally made time to go over to the north peak. It's the nicer of the two summits, with an atmospheric final ridge.

Shirley Lam

Shirley Lam - Jan 30, 2008 10:47 pm Date Climbed: Jun 2, 2007

With bighornmonkey...

and a couple other friends.

bighornmonkey

bighornmonkey - Jan 7, 2008 1:19 pm Date Climbed: Jun 2, 2007

South suicide only...  Sucess!

Made the top from the south...cold winds that day....barely any snow.

climberben

climberben - Dec 26, 2005 5:04 am

Route Climbed: North Suicide Date Climbed: 19 September 2001  Sucess!

Biked up Rabbit Creek and walked up the scree gulley to the top.

climberben

climberben - Dec 26, 2005 5:03 am

Route Climbed: South Suicide Date Climbed: 8 October 1999  Sucess!

A nice hike in a white out.

Steve Gruhn - Jun 7, 2005 7:11 pm

Route Climbed: From McHugh Creek to West Ridge to South Suicide to Windy Gap Date Climbed: June 1985  Sucess!

I climbed North Suicide Peak in late June 1985 via Rabbit Lake, McHugh Lake, and McHugh Creek to the west ridge of South Suicide Peak. From there we descended to Windy Gap and climbed North Suicide Peak. The descent from North Suicide Peak was via the west face and wrapping around to the south gully. My partner was Doug Hamilton.

Clintoris

Clintoris - Jun 6, 2005 11:05 am

Route Climbed: South Suicide Couloir Date Climbed: May 28th, 2005  Sucess!

Some of the greatest peaks in the front Chugach!

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'North Suicide Peak' main page