Northeast 115 Comments

Rob ANice..

Rob A

...I was hopeing some one would do this list. If you want the HTML code from either the Catskills or ADK 100 list let me know and it's yours.
BTW does anyone consider MacNaughton, NY (4,000+ ft) a requirement for the NE 111 or 115 (116???) list. It is definitaly an interesting note that MacNaughton is forgotten by everybody.
Later, Rob
Posted Feb 28, 2006 5:54 pm

nartrebmaine corrections

nartreb

1. The Granite State is New Hampshire. I believe Maine is the Pine Tree State.

2. Old Speck is to the west and south, not east, of practically everything else in Maine.

PS I don't know half the ranges on this page, but it looks like you're consistently using an image of the *second*-highest peak in each. Very refreshing.
Posted Mar 3, 2006 5:37 pm

nartrebRe: maine corrections

nartreb

Thanks. I always found that photo a little hazy and the light a little flat, but I guess the haze adds a sense of distance.

Old Speck is actually *in* the White Mountains, the AMC says it left it off that list because it's not in the White Mountain Natl Forest (and because it's in Maine). The Whites end at Grafton Notch, though there's some debate about exactly where to draw the line. After that, my map shows the name Blue Mountains, but that name seems to cover only an area southwest of Bigelow. The State of Maine officially declared all its mountains the "Longfellow Mountains", but nobody uses that name. "Granite Mountains" is new to me, though I don't get to Maine very often.
Posted Mar 3, 2006 7:34 pm

nartrebRe: Complete

nartreb

OK, here you go: the cabin on Cabot is not an AMC hut, it's run by the Jefferson Boy Scouts. Also, the most popular (and shortest) trail now that most of the Cabot trail is closed is the Bunnell Notch trail from the east (though the KKRidge trail from the north is much more scenic).
For Tripyramid, the Tripyramid Trail, a loop that includes both (all three) peaks and both slides, is probably the most popular route. It's long, and not a great idea in winter (the slides can be dangerous), but you haven't really climbed these peaks if you haven't hiked the slides.
Posted Mar 26, 2006 6:45 pm

injektiloWow..

injektilo

Awesome page! One of the best Eastern pages I've seen on here. Great Job.
Posted Mar 27, 2006 2:15 pm

desainmeKool page

desainme

I guess I need to climb a few more of these. Cannon doesn't count because I only climbed to the top of the cliff- never made it to the tippy top. Nice addition.
Posted Mar 27, 2006 4:17 pm

WalksWithBlackflies10 Stars!

WalksWithBlackflies

This page must have taken a few minutes to put together! Excellent job. 10/10 :-)
Posted Mar 27, 2006 5:01 pm

Rob AFreaking Sweet!!!!

Rob A

The page is great. You should be proud that you have created the best page in the world with Information on the NE 115. Google shows this page as #2! It is an invaluable addition to SP. Good Job. It is pages like these that make SP the best website in the world.
Now that you have written about all 115, you should sign all the summit logs!!!

Later, Rob
Posted Apr 11, 2006 6:49 pm

Rob ARe: Freaking Sweet!!!!

Rob A

I tried but couldn't highlight more than one state at a time in the state section. Not a big deal since the page seems to be getting plenty of hits anyway, but how do I correct this? You've obvioulsy accomplished that on the A.T. page.

Use the control key to highlight more that one state. So hold down the control key and click on NY contiue to hold control as you click on each state.

but what would you think of a Gunks mountain bike trip report on your Gunks page? I did Minnewaska last week and probably Mohonk tomorrow. It's a "climber" page and I can't decide if it would be a lame-ass contribution or not. Be honest.
I would say go right a head, it would provide a whole new view of the gunks for SPers. It is up to the members if it is "lame-ass" or not. And get some pictures, the gunks need pictures and I can't there before May.
Later, Rob
Posted Apr 11, 2006 7:22 pm

Rob A102 out of 115

Rob A

The children list shows 102 mountains.
Which mountains are missing on SP?
Posted May 2, 2006 12:28 pm

AndinistalocoVery nice!

Andinistaloco

Impressive job here... good info, great pictures, all put together well. Rock on... I'd give this one an 11 if it was available!
Posted Oct 2, 2006 10:44 pm

TLPJust realized that I never voted on this page

TLP

I go to this page a lot. It's great. As long as I live in the NE, I'll try and hammer away at completing this list. I'm proud to say that I at least got the top ten in the list.
Posted Dec 2, 2006 11:59 pm

weeds19Very good page

weeds19

Tons of information arranged in an easy to access manner. Thanks for taking the time to put together this great page!
Posted Feb 7, 2007 4:08 pm

CookieMonsterNice Page

CookieMonster

You captured tons of important information on the Adirondacks. Definately makes me want to go back there, where I started.
Posted Aug 1, 2007 1:51 am

nartreb2 extra peaks?

nartreb

Snow Mountain (chain of ponds) and nearby unnamed "Boundary Peak" are attached to this page - why?

PS Old Speck needs to be added as a Child so it will show up on the interactive map.
Posted Aug 23, 2007 9:31 am

desainmeMight as well keep

desainme

Boundary Peak because it is the highest point on the Canadian Border between Eastport Maine and Whitlash Montana a distance of about 3000 miles.
Posted Aug 24, 2007 9:26 pm

tiogaInformative

tioga

I love this list. I have done a few of these mountains, but would love to get back to the northeast and do a few more. Would you mind if I attached a few pictures to this page?
Posted May 3, 2008 3:39 pm

CatamountWow!

Catamount

Fantastic page. I can't even imagine how long this must have taken to complete. Great information and great layout. Well done!!
Posted Apr 17, 2012 9:23 pm