Northeast face Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Nefsek

Nefsek - Sep 2, 2013 10:01 pm Date Climbed: Aug 26, 2013

Great Climb  Sucess!

Excellent climb. One of my top 5.

Stickit

Stickit - Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm Date Climbed: Jul 12, 2010

Fun Route  Sucess!

Good moderate climb. Simoed the bottom 4 pitches and made for a shorter day. We had no trouble but maybe a word of caution to beginner climbers who want to tag a long route, get real friendly with route finding it'd be fairly easy at some points to get off route and increase the grade.

maledia

maledia - Jul 1, 2008 6:24 pm Date Climbed: May 13, 2008

NE ridge in poor conditions!  Sucess!

I climbed it last month with Robin. The mountain looks great from below and for me, that I'm new to the rockies, It was must. We could not wait for drier conditions so we climbed anyway a week later a big snow fall. The climb is easy a 5.6 but in the condition in which it was it required a lot of attention. We missed the most of the few bolts and we protected as best as we could.
It was a fun climb and after 5, 6 hours we topped up in a beautiful afternoon sunshining.

MtnMagic

MtnMagic - Oct 17, 2007 12:24 am

9 pitches  Sucess!

Climbed this one with two buddies. Fun route with great positions despite the climbing itself being somewhat ordinary. Still a classic as it is an fairly direct line up a steep face that dominates the bow valley above Canmore.

pvalchev

pvalchev - Sep 2, 2006 11:10 pm Date Climbed: Aug 21, 2006

8 pitches  Sucess!

Fun but unmemorable, loose rock and 4th class climbing most of the way with the occasional harder move to give it the rating. I thought this was a much more serious route as I have been staring at this mountain for years and it looks steep from a distance. For the whole route I placed one or two pieces of gear and it was more for a joke - quite a few pitons and bolts are fixed at the key places. Have the topo with you and follow the correct route, look for the bolted stations.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Aug 22, 2006 12:42 am Date Climbed: Aug 21, 2006

8 Pitches  Sucess!

pvalchev and I turned this 12 pitch route into 8 and if we did again, it would be 7. In fact I would not think twice of soloing this route. All of your belays have ledges. I can't imagine anyone going off route on this, but they do somehow and cause serious accidents so it is still to be respected. My 2nd ascent in 3 years. I stare at Ha Ling out our bedroom window. I did this in 5 hours car to car our first trip and 6 our second. It is a short day. I placed no gear, pvalchev place 1 piece, so a small rack is in order.

William Marler

William Marler - Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm

11 pitches  Sucess!

Great day with J. D. Miller and James Blench.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Northeast face' main page