Northeast Slope/Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.15210°N / 119.508°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 2nd-easy 3rd
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


If you want to ascend this route, it would be best to approach via the Twin Lakes trailhead as described on the peak page. Once started up Thompson Canyon, it is easy to gain the South Slope and then bear right to the edge of the South Slope to gain the ridgeline where the travel is more inclined to 3rd class, but you get out of sand slogging and dodging Limber Pines.

Route Description


Once positioned on the East Slope, it is possible to weave through the Limber Pines and slog up the sand slope, but it is more aesthetic and fun to head north and gain the ridge with it's pleasant 3rd-class talus scrambling. The ridge (and the slope) lead directly to a small airy summit with great views of Tower Peak, Ehrnbeck Peak, and Center Mountain, among others.

Essential Gear


Comfortable shoes, water, that's about it. Although the approach is not casual, the route is.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.