birdnyHmmm

birdny

Lots of potential for a little unknown area! You have great pics but we want information!!
Posted Nov 9, 2007 11:00 pm

tiogaRe: Hmmm

tioga

Yes, my brother and I have been trying to work on the page for a while now. It's difficult because there are no set boundaries as to what the 'Northern Allgheny Plateau' actually is and we want to try to include as much as possible. By doing that, however, it becomes a huge area. Also, this is our first page like this we have created so we are not sure how to do everything yet. But keep checking back periodically and hopefully we can get some bits and pieces of stuff posted in the near future.

Thanks for your concerns and comments.
Posted Nov 26, 2007 12:38 pm

TiogaBradfordRe: Hmmm

TiogaBradford

Yeah, sorry about the lack of information so far. Our intentions have been loftier than our time permits right now, but that's really not a good excuse. If this were a more well known area, I'm sure we'd have a lot more comments about the lack of information, but alas, very few people know of this area! Anyway, we will certainly continue to add to the page and help to make it more useful.
Posted Dec 18, 2007 9:24 am

birdnyRe: Hmmm

birdny

Your page is getting better every time I check! Keep up the good work, it's gonna be great to have this page completed!!! It's a beautiful unknown area.
Posted Dec 18, 2007 10:39 am

TiogaBradfordRe: Hmmm

TiogaBradford

Thanks Dave! We'll keep at it.... still lots to do on the page though!
Posted Dec 18, 2007 1:39 pm

cbuckerNIce

cbucker

Great page, I love that area. I don't get up there too often, but it's beautiful country.
Posted Dec 20, 2007 7:24 am

TiogaBradfordRe: NIce

TiogaBradford

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, for PA, it doesn't get much better.
Posted Jan 2, 2008 9:57 am

birdnyLinks

birdny

Hey guys the page is looking great!! One note however...your external links are not functioning!!
Posted Jan 7, 2008 5:53 pm

tiogaRe: Links

tioga

They should work now. If not, let us know. They at least all work on my computer now.
Posted Jan 7, 2008 7:55 pm

birdnyRe: Links

birdny

They look good now!
Posted Jan 7, 2008 9:55 pm

MRoyer4Great Page

MRoyer4

This is essentially my backyard and it's great that you took the time to make an excellent page for this beautiful area. One trail you may consider adding (a personal favorite of mine) is the Allegheny Front Trail which circumnavigates the Moshannon State Forest. It's another 40 mile loop which is similar to the Black Forest Trail.
Posted Nov 4, 2009 12:26 pm

tiogaRe: Great Page

tioga

Thanks for your comments. It was my backyard as well, until I took a job in Maryland. You are correct about the AFT. I do need to add it. The only reason I didn't initially is because it is not listed on the state forest website. I have been on a small section of it and it has some very nice overlooks. It seems you have been to a few places outside of central PA. I hope you enjoy PA with your time spent at school there.
-tioga
Posted Nov 6, 2009 9:00 am

TiogaBradfordRe: Great Page

TiogaBradford

Thanks MRoyer4! I'm assuming that you're a grad student at PSU? I did my undergrad at PSU and graduated from there in 2005. I miss it there a ton! (I miss PA in general since I now live in the deep south). I've done portions of the AFT as well and I think its one of the best trails near State College. I'm sure myself or my brother Tom can add some info about it on our page. Thanks for your compliments and suggestion.
Posted Nov 12, 2009 1:11 am

TiogaBradfordRe: Great Page

TiogaBradford

Actually, my brother already posted some info about it. He's good! If you have any pictures of the area, feel free to post them or attach them to our page. Thanks!
Posted Nov 12, 2009 1:13 am

MRoyer4Re: Great Page

MRoyer4

Yep, grad student at PSU, as well as bachelors and masters degrees in 2008. I've lived in State College since 1990 too. I'll search for some photos when I have some spare time.
Posted Nov 19, 2009 1:50 pm