Northern Lights - Camping & Caravan Park

Northern Lights - Camping & Caravan Park

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 57.87051°N / 5.33163°W
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 164 ft / 50 m

Camping at Little Loch Broom

The Northern Lights site is close by the shores of Little Loch Broom in the small hamlet of Badcaul.

The site is one of a sloping grass field with excellent views over the Loch to the north and up to the hills in the south.

 
Setting up camp
The campsite shower block behind the camping pitches.




 
Sail Mhor - 767m.
Sail Mhor towers over the campsite.

The huge bulk of Sail Mhor towers over the area.






This small site has hot water and showers and is ideally located for expeditions to An Teallach.

Although other facilities are minimal the owners have provided picnic tables which save you bringing your own chairs and tables and make mealtimes somewhat more civilized than normal camping sites.
 
Little Loch Broom
Little Loch Broom






The campsite on the shores of the loch, seen from the upper slopes of Sail Mhor.

Getting There

Travel to the area by road is easiest from Inverness which is easily reached from the south via Perth on the main A9 road.

From Inverness go north on the A862 to Muir of Ord and then pick up the A832 towards Garve. Beyond there is a junction with the A835 signposted to Ullapool. Take this as far as the Falls of Measach and join the A832 again to Dundonnell, from Dundonnell, continue up the road for a few km until you find the campsite on the right hand side of the road at Badcaul.

National (Scotland, England and Wales) Rail links exist to Inverness and a rail/bus through ticket scheme operates from there to Ullapool.

Scheduled flights into Glasgow or Edinburgh airports provide access to Scotland but Inverness airport is closer to An Teallach and has scheduled flights from London airports and many European airports using Easyjet and FlyBe airlines.

External Links


Northern Lights Campsite


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ScotlandHuts & Campgrounds