Notkarspitze Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Big Benn

Big Benn - Jun 29, 2006 11:00 am Date Climbed: Jun 21, 2006

A Midsummers Day Hike  Sucess!

Went up from Ettal am Berg via Ochsensitz and Ziegelspitz on a warm and very humid day.

Only got as far as Ziegelspitz on June 23rd 2005 as my 5 litres, (9 pints), of water was not enough to go any further!

So this year I started out from my Hotel in Farchant on the first bus over an hour earlier than in 2005, and carrying 7.25 litres of fluid, (13 pints).

Incredibly humid in the forest section and I got very badly bitten by insects, but the conditions improved once I left the trees behind. Enjoyed the top section, and the views from the summit cross, despite a heat haze.

Virtually had the mountain to myself. Just met one girl coming off the summit, and a minute or two later was overtaken by a woman heading up past me.

Lukas Kunze

Lukas Kunze - Jan 4, 2006 7:09 pm Date Climbed: Dec 29, 2005

From Ettal via Ziegelspitz

The last beautiful day of 2005 has to be used for some mountaineering!

Beautiful weather and because of the tons of fresh snow nobody (except of two others) was on the mountain. The final stage of the ascent became more and more dangerous, because the plants were getting smaller and totally covered by fresh powder snow. Those condition made us finally turn back.

A great finish of the year 2005!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Notkarspitze' main page