User Profile Image

User Profile Image

ntmagic1
on Aug 16, 2006 2:11 am
Image ID: 216167

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2

travelmannn - Jun 17, 2007 10:58 pm - Hasn't voted

GPS Tracks?

I read your trip report on the Sawtooth on a perfect day. It sounds just like what we are going for.

Since you said the hike ended up being around 10 miles with 3800 vertical feet of altitude, I'm curious if you had a GPS with you? If so, do you happen to have a file of your tracks?

We have a couple small kids and will be getting day care to do the hike. It's always calming when we can find something like GPS tracks to help us with any route finding issues. Especially coming down with the mud people always mention.

I'm not sure of the conditions this time of year, but we were looking at doing the hike with some friends of ours on June 30th, 2007. Do you have any ideas of the trail conditions at this point or a good place to look for trail conditions?

Thanks,
TOny
Centennial.

ntmagic1

ntmagic1 - Jun 22, 2007 5:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: GPS Tracks?

Sorry mate, I don't usually leave my gps on when I hike, so i dont have the track. However, you can get a track of the Bierstadt section of the trail here:

http://www.14ers.com/routemain.php?route=bier1&peak=Mt.%20Bierstadt

But thats not hard to follow anyways.
If you really want to find a track for the willow/swampy section (which is a good idea) post on the forums at www.14ers.com I wouldnt be surprised if someone has it there. Also you should be fine on June 30th, i doubt there will be much if any snow on the trail, but 14ers.com also has a trip report section that is posted on constantly, so i would check there a couple days before you plan to hike.

Hope the helps

Viewing: 1-2 of 2