Obstruction Point trail

Obstruction Point trail

Olympic National Park, easy access to high country
tleaf
on Mar 19, 2008 10:10 am
Image ID: 389333

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
lcarreau

lcarreau - Mar 23, 2008 9:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Greetings ...

An umbrella? Gig Harbor, right? My father's
sister lives there; about 100 yards from the harbor. I was living there in Puyallup in the 1980s, then decided to migrate to the southwest desert. Left my umbrella in WA! Nice picture; lots of grasses, mosses and wildflowers I'm sure. I miss seeing the green carpets of flora beneath the eternal white slopes of the central Cascades. Thanks for sharing this with us. - LARRY :)

tleaf

tleaf - Mar 23, 2008 11:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Greetings ...

Thank you for the compliment. This is one of the few trails my mother in law goes on these days. She was too warm, feeling european and looked very stylish.
If I lived in Puyallup I would have moved as well. (;
Trina

lcarreau

lcarreau - Mar 24, 2008 12:27 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Funny...

My distant relatives all came over from the opposite side of the Big Pond. Both of my parents are Washington natives, but they moved to Utah long ago. As the sands fall through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. Nice stylish photograph!!!

tleaf

tleaf - Mar 24, 2008 10:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Funny...

Okay, Puyallup isn't that bad if you stay away from the South Hill area. So your Aunt is still living in Gig Harbor? I wonder if I have met her? If you speak with her, ask if she has been to Grant/Spangle Physical Therapy, please? Although GH has grown, the "old-timers" know each other fairly well.
Cheers, Trina

Mountainjeff

Mountainjeff - May 7, 2008 8:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Amazing

I was climbing Moose Peak the same day you took this photo. I distinctly remember meeting your mother on the trail. The reason I remember her is because of her umbrella. What a coincidence I kept following the ridge all the way to lake Lillian. What a beautiful area.

tleaf

tleaf - May 7, 2008 11:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing

We remember you as well. I believe we were fairly jealous of you for continuing on. Hope all went well! From your pictures it looks like you had great weather!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6