pilz8Untitled Comment

pilz8

Nice page, I am a Virginia native so on one of my visits home I will have to get up to Old Rag!!
Posted Feb 22, 2003 12:01 pm

jraceUntitled Comment

Very nice & helpful page!
Posted Apr 7, 2003 4:18 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Thanks for the updates.
Posted Jun 8, 2004 2:10 pm

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

Great page for a great mountain!
Posted Oct 5, 2004 12:44 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Missed this page. Old Rag is a great peak. I need to go back.

Posted Nov 24, 2004 7:54 pm

jenniferdenoyaUntitled Comment

jenniferdenoya

Great information for this popular mountain!
Posted Jul 20, 2005 5:43 pm

vanman798Broken Link

vanman798

The link associated with "Old Rag Area Road and Trail Map (pdf)" is broken.
Posted Sep 27, 2007 2:34 pm

shanrickvGreat Job

shanrickv

Hi Bob,
I just stumbled across the page and saw that you adopted it. Great job! I climbed Old Rag twice and it was a special place for me. The first time I partially tore my right quad, drove home in agony and then started 4 months of physical therapy. I went back the following summer with my son, JP, and summited with him for his first big mountain. I'm not sure when, if ever, I'll get back to Old Rag, but it is a wonderful mountain.
Climb On!
Patrick
Posted Jul 14, 2008 12:09 am

Bob SihlerRe: Great Job

Bob Sihler

Patrick, I really appreciate your comments. When I took over the abandoned page, it had broken links, grainy photos, and incomplete information. I'm glad to hear my efforts look like improvements.

I hope you get back there. Although it's not like the West, it's still a great mountain and easily one of the best in the East.
Posted Jul 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Bubba SuessGood as it gets...

Bubba Suess

Great job reworking the page Bob. This is as good as it gets out there. Didn't the land bill rammed through Congress earlier this month add some acerage to the Shenandoah Wilderness?
Posted Jan 31, 2009 1:13 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Good as it gets...

Bob Sihler

Thanks-- I did spend a lot of time reworking this; in fact, the old page is pretty much entirely gone. So I'm glad to get some positive feedback on it.

I don't know about the expansion because I must have missed news of that bill. But if it does expand, that will be a rare bill rammed through that I actually like!
Posted Jan 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Virginia14ervirginia14er

Virginia14er

My wife and I have been training for Rainier for 6 mos. Hiked up to Camp Muir and got the bug! For 2 mos we have done 10 milers every weekend up and down the White Oak and Cedar trails with full packs. Old Rag sounded good as the others were getting boring. Anyway, we parked at the Berry hollow trailhead, went up to Old Rag summit via the Saddle trail, a 1-1/2 hour trek(too easy). So, we said "lets go down the Ridge trail and take the long loop back to the car", about 8 miles. Wow, what a climb down the rock scramble with full packs! We were the only people on the rocks with full packs. What the ____ were we thinking? Anyway, we had fun, got stronger,intend to go back, both up&down the rocks. I'm 60, my wife is 55. NEVER SIT DOWN!
Posted Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am