Onward to the Annapurna Sanctuary/Chomrong

Onward to the Annapurna Sanctuary/Chomrong

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 28.27170°N / 83.67570°E
Additional Information Route Type: Multi day trek
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the Naya Pul Route Description for details. This route begins at Ghorapani Villiage along the Naya Pul Route.

Route Description

This is yet another option of extending the trip from Poon Hill, and is also an alternate ascent route of Poon Hill. From the village of Ghorapani (not Ghorapani Pass), locate the trail and sign to Deulari (the trail that splits off the main trail and heads east). Follow the trail to the ridge-top village of Deulari and then very steeply down the walls of a gorge to Banthanti. We saw several monkeys along this section, so keep your eyes open. From Banthanti, continue along the trail to Tadapani (not to be confused with Tatopani). Here is where the routes and possibilities are endless. You can take one of three trails up to join the trail going to the Annapurna Sanctuary trail at Chomrong. The trails are the one through Chiukle, which is possibly the most scenic route, the trail through Melaje, or the trail through Baisi Kharka and then Ghandruk.

There is also the possibility of descending and ending the hike from Ghandruk by taking the trails down to Birethanti or over to Dhampus. There are too many options here to discuss on one mountain page, and it is recommended that you consult the book Trekking in the Annapurna Region published by Trailblazer. It describes all these routes.

Sunset on Annapurna South...Sunset on Annapurna South from Chomrong.

Essential Gear

A good pair of boots is needed.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Poon HillRoutes