ACT LITE 65 + 10

 

ACT LITE 65 + 10
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title ACT LITE 65 + 10
Manufacturer Deuter
Page By phoxtrot
Page Type Apr 30, 2012 / Apr 30, 2012
Object ID 8186
Hits 4220
Vote

Internal frame 4550 cubic inches of storage space

The Deuter ACT Lite 65+10 internal frame pack provides backpackers with 4550 cubic inches of storage capacity and carrying comfort at a weight of just 3 lb 15 oz. With its excellent balance of weight and performance, the ACT Lite 65+10 is ideal for multi-day and extended backpacking trips.

Built on the concept that it's easier to carry heavy loads when the backpack and wearer form a single entity, Deuter's Aircontact Lite System relies on the compression and expansion of hydro and thermo-phobic Aircontact foam to provide ventilation and load-carrying comfort.

Features

Aircontact back system
Vari-Quick adjustable harness
Stretch-woven front pocket
Multi-layer hipbelt with intuitive "pull-forward" adjustment
Contoured shoulder straps
Removable, lightweight aluminum X-frame support stays
Top lid with front pocket and valuables pocket
Divided main compartment
Front-accessed lower compartment
Side compression and shoulder stabilizer straps
Ice Axe Loops
Stretch-woven side pockets

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

phoxtrot - Apr 30, 2012 7:50 pm - Voted 5/5

Great price, light weight, and extremely comfortable.
Being a gear junky, we went to REI to check out some of the light weight packs. I saw this one's price (189.00) and thought "You get what you pay for but, I put 40 pounds in it and walked around for an hour in the store, then tried a couple others and felt the difference immediately. I was very impressed with the adjust-ability and comfort of this pack that weights 3 lbs 15 oz. The back support, padding formation, and the large hip belt pad are extremely comfortable. It is vented well to keep your back dry on hot days. You don't get a ton of extras, since they cut weight where they could, but it does have various outside storage pockets. Bottom line; Great price, light weight and extremely comfortable! Oh, and it's made in the USA...

LDuszer - Jul 30, 2012 8:44 pm - Voted 5/5

No frills, no fuss.
I have the women specific version of this pack, but it has the same specifications. I like this pack for lightweight late summer to early fall backpacking. It's extremely comfortable and weighs much less than many other packs in its size range. It carries weight well, too. It doesn't have many pockets or mountaineering features, but this makes it easier to find things in a way. All your larger items are in one of two pockets which can be combined into one large pocket. It's streamlined and easy to adjust.

2 Bees - Oct 1, 2013 12:37 am - Voted 5/5

Light weight made lighter
I have 5 backpack and real didn't need another one until I saw the Deuter Act Lite 65+10 at a REI Gear Sale in Portland, Oregon. I picked it up and threw it on and loved it. The sale price was $28.82. SOLD. I took it home and adjusted it to my body. So E-Z. Then I striped the outer mesh big pocket, the water bag holder, the lower compartment liner and some stapes. From 4 lbs. to 3lbs.. A 5 day Mt. Adams loop trail, summit Mt. Hood and a couple trips rock climbing at Smith Rock carry 20 to 30 lbs., all in one month. I now have 5 back-packs for sale since I don't use them anymore. My back thanks you all at Deuter.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3