What REI.com calls, "A true fusion of all that is good in crampons, Bionic combines horizontal rails for front point precision and a semi-rigid design for sensitivity." The low-profile design matches your boot flex, giving you a keen feel for the terrain and "rock shoe-like" performance (so Black Diamond claims). Tapered vertical frontpoints provide precision and penetration—you can sight in on divots, slots, and bumps—and hit them with the first shot. Set the frontpoints as duals or monos and move them forward and backward to tune them to the terrain of the day. Plus, for added frontpoint stability, the Bionics have the same second-point configuration as the Sabretooths. Top this off with a fast-adjust clip and you’ve got a high-tech, paradigm-breaking crampon that you can take into the next dimension of ice climbing.
- high-tech, semi-rigid crampon for vertical WI and mixed climbers
- semi-rigid design matches boot flex and increases sensitivity, precision and provides a better feel of the terrain
- serrated pull-points turn your feet into claws—pull, hook, scum and back step with ease
- Horizontal rails ensure front point precision on ice and mixed routes, and can be set as either dual-point or mono-point
- Additional adjustments allow the front-points to be moved forward or backward depending on what the terrain calls for
- 4130 nickle-plated steel bails provide superior strength and durability