Aka CFBP, this is an older carbon fiber product in the BD line that has the advantages of carbon fiber but paired with a straight or bent shaft. While originally fairly expensive, you can find this at reasonable discounts now. Some marketing-spun info: Spectacular tool for ice, mixed and alpine routes for both it's weight and durability. Climbs vertical ice and mixed ground like a champ yet is light enough to be the tool of choice for alpine routes like the Cassin, Moonflower Buttress or Infinite Spur.
- Tool head takes components via simple screw-and-groove system that’s field-maintainable.
- The durable steel head puts additional weight up high, adding punch to your swing.
- Hourglass handle and rubber coating improve grip.
- Carbon fiber shaft dampens vibration.
- Steel spike features a carabiner hole.
- Available in straight and bent shaft.
- Use with Black Diamond Cobra and Alaska picks.
- Leash not included.
Similar Products: Charlet Moser Axar, Grivel Geronimo II
- Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking (1997): "The best swinging tool we have ever used."
- Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking (1997): "Black Diamond picks are by far the best we have used."
- Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking (2002): "Black Diamond makes the best off the shelf picks period."