Combining the best elements from the trail running Masai and the bouldering-oriented D7 shoes, the CTC is the lightest of Montrail's hybrid footwear and the best choice for those who go fast on smooth rocky grades. If you hike with a pair of bouldering shoes, the CTC is your one-stop replacement that can carry you up the trail and across smooth granite and broken black basalt. The lightweight sole uses a combination of sticky rubber Gryptonite™ with trail ready FasTrax carbon rubber for a grip that lasts through multiple seasons of hard use. Like the Masai, the TPU-reinforced upper is breathable and reduces the overall shoe weight. A molded Elon EVA midsole provides more cushion and stability than some bouldering shoes, but the weight-saving single-density profile may not offer enough padding for hard-charging trail runners who pound down long and steep routes. If you're looking for a shoe that grips varied terrain on light hikes and urban walks, Montrail's CTC is excellent for going fast and getting technical.
* Water-resistant hydrophobic synthetic leather and air mesh
* Fast-drying Nylex lining
* Protective rands along toe and heel
* Stable full-length TerraFlex™ LA protection plate
* Molded single-density Elon EVA midsole for cushioning, stability and sensitivity
* Non-marking, high-traction Gryptonite™ sticky rubber outsole with FasTrax carbon rubber
* Weight: 14 oz. (390 g.) per shoe