Diablo

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Diablo
Manufacturer Boreal
Page By Josh
Page Type Dec 20, 2001 / Dec 20, 2001
Object ID 96
Hits 4085
Vote
This is an entry level rock shoe for a beginning climber.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-6 of 6

Josh - Dec 20, 2001 9:29 am - Voted 1/5

Untitled Review
I don't actually own these shoes, but I've climbed in them a few times. My friend (who was new to rock climbing at the time) bought them because they were fairly cheap and were touted as beginner's climbing shoes. These shoes have severly hampered his progress. I've worn the shoes a few times (we have the same size feet) and let me tell you, they SUCK. These shoes are slicker than my bowling shoes, and they edge just about as well. Leading in these puts the fear of god in me. It seems like your foot will pop off at any second. So, in summary, don't buy these shoes. If you're looking for a good beginner's shoe, go with the Five-Ten Spires. They're much better (and cheaper, too).

Richard Purchon - May 31, 2002 9:32 am - Voted 1/5

Untitled Review
Shops ecomend this as a good beginers shoe. some say ideal for smearing. i would class it as a bouldering shoe. i got a pair about two years ago i have only used them twice as they cut in on your big toe quite badly they are also poor at edging as a result its now the pair i lend out. my current climbing shoe is the Boreal "Zepher" and my girlfriend uses this years new "Spirit" from Red Chilly

miztflip - Jun 7, 2002 5:01 pm - Voted 3/5

Untitled Review
Great for beginners as they are comfortable and forgiving. I still use mine on some long moderate routes.



Do not work well in cracks or small holds. The sole wore out relatively fast and the shoes stretched quite easily.

ClimbLer - Jun 24, 2002 11:59 pm - Voted 3/5

Untitled Review
At first, these shoes appeared to fit great, but about a month later they began to stretch to the extent where I was unable to stick tiny quarter ledges or toehook holds. the rubber has seen very little wear-and-tear yet it has lost it's ability to smear with adequate friction. I have found that the sole has begun to peel away just below the toe. comfortable Yes, but effective...not really.

Bushed - Mar 27, 2004 8:42 pm - Voted 1/5

Untitled Review
I felt these shoes fit fine.I used them in JT lately.I have to agree with another veiwer they suck on slab climbs.They actually rattled me ,they kept sliding .So I took them off and changed them for a pair of my trusty resoled Scarpa Brios with Stealth C4.They stuck like flys to fly paper.I think I will resole them(Diablos) with Steath C4 as well.I've used them for pocketed routes and they were a charm.If you climb a variety of different routes you'll notice their short comings.Don't make this your first choice,if you are looking into getting into climbing.There are better models out there.

The Defiant One - Mar 28, 2005 10:31 pm - Voted 1/5

Untitled Review
These were my first pair of climbing shoes and i must say, the worst i've ever owned. I climbed better when i switched to 5.10. They're ok, but not when compared to other brands. want a good all around shoe? this isn't it. THEY SUCK

Viewing: 1-6 of 6