Exocet

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Exocet
Manufacturer The North Face
Page By Erik Beeler
Page Type Nov 24, 2003 / Nov 24, 2003
Object ID 878
Hits 7497
Vote
The North Face Exocet is a classic backpack designed for day hiking, climbing and overnights. It features a dual-density foam suspension made of soft and hard foams to provide support and comfort in the shoulder straps and backpanel while a webbing hipbelt secures the pack around waist for stability. Accessory pockets hold water bottles, binoculars, compasses, keys, and other necessary items. Features include ice axe loops, wand pockets and a daisy chain.


Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Erik Beeler - Nov 24, 2003 12:16 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This pack has seen several design changes in the past 8 years or so. This is the post 2000 pack. It has two ice axe loops that are easy to use and two side pockets that run top to bottom. These may be the "Wand Pockets" but I use them for Nalgenes as they seem designed just for them. The compression straps run over the outside of the pockets so you need to unclip at least the top one to get into them. The top lid seems a bit small compared to the body and does not fit well over it because the base is not quite big enough to take the pack base when it is stuffed. So far it has been durable but it is still fairly new.

Oh I got it from REI for 12 bucks because someone returned it having only used it once and still in new condition. Can't beat a deal like that.

awagher - Jan 4, 2006 4:36 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
I got this pack at REI on sale with a dividend for $30. I find the size and weight perfect for day long alpine climbs and ice cragging. The only complaint that I have is that there was no hydration system accompanyment so I had to cut and create. In addition there was no real efficient strap to secure ice axes. Beyond this I love it and use it more that my other packs now.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2