Black Diamond's most basic headlamp offering both halogen and LED in one unit.
- This headlamp combines a bright, route-finding Halogen spot-light with a power-conserving LED light.
- Xenon Halogen bulb casts a bright light; prismatic reflector gives even illumination throughout the beam.
- Three-way, push-button switch toggles between light options; switch positioned to prevent light from accidentally being turned on
- Compact, three AA battery pack at the back of the headband; heavy rubber gasket keeps rain and snow out of the battery pack.
- Comfortable three-strap head band is completely adjustable
- Spare Bright Xenon Halogen bulb is included and housed in battery pack.
This is the data from Black Diamond's website. The headlamp comes with the SuperBright LED and Long Life Xenon Halogen bulbs installed. A Bright Xenon Halogen bulb is also included in the spare bulb compartment that can be swaped with the Long Life Halogen. The SuperBright Xenon Halogen bulb is available as a separate purchase.
|Bulb Type||Distance with|
|SuperBright LED||10 m||1000 hrs|
|Long Life Xenon Halogen||70 m||7.0 hrs|
|Bright Xenon Halogen||100 m||3.5 hrs|
|SuperBright Xenon Halogen||140 m||2.5 hrs|
- REI.com: "Efficient LED bulb cast smooth, even light for over 80 hours, long-life Xenon Halogen cast a bright beam for nearly 4-hours"
- REI.com: unlike most lights they sell, "the LED light for this headlamp operates longer at 0 degrees than 70 degrees in laboratory tests."
- Mountain Gear: "7 hour burn time for bulb; 500 for LED"
- Backpacker Magazine: Editors' Choice 2002 Winner