The world's lightest CE certified ice axe. That about sums it up. It gets it's lightness with an 7075 aluminum alloy construction, including an aluminum head. There is also no spike to speak of, just a diagonally sawed off shaft. To eliminate weak stress points all parts, including the blade, are cut and assembled without the use of welding.
NOTE: Many Internet stores list only 3 lengths for this axe. Unfortunately the 3 lengths they list differ so all observed lengths have been listed above. Just something to be aware of.
- Lightest Mountaineering Axe in the World
- Constructed from 7075 Aluminum Alloy, head & shaft
- Certified for use as a buried snow anchor or belay
- Hollow shaft can be sawed to save weight
- Used by top Adventure Racing teams
Similar Products: Grivel Air Tech Racing
- ARGEAR.com (2002): "Team ARGEAR.com members have used this axe in the Eco-Challenge New Zealand race, Olympic Mountains and even to climb Mount Rainier."
- ARGEAR.com Editor Review (2002?): "There is no better axe for Adventure Racing, period."