Gold Series 10

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Gold Series 10
Manufacturer Crescent Moon
Page By IdahoClimber
Page Type Dec 10, 2003 / Dec 10, 2003
Object ID 913
Hits 3447
Vote
Cited as the best backcountry snowshoe for fast and light travel, this season’s Gold 10 features extra traversing claws for greater grip. The hardened stainless steel crampons provide deeper biting action. Combined with lighter decking materials than last season’s the 10 has become a real weapon for those weekend assaults on the mountain. Recommended for snowshoers and their gear up to 215lbs.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

IdahoClimber - Dec 10, 2003 2:54 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
The binding system on the 10 sets is apart from the rest of the industry. Amazing how adjustable it is, giving you a custom fit that is able to be rapidly and easily adjusted.

The crampon teeth sometimes bind up with snow in powder and I question the 215 pound rating.

You are still able to maintain a natural stride with these snowshoes. High quality craftsmanship and a company that stands behind their product make these a great pair of snowshoes

pphlux - Mar 1, 2004 4:15 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I have had these snowshoes for three winter seasons, and they are far and beyond better than any others I have seen.



NOTE: I have an older model of these. Mine seem to have a slightly different binding mechanism than the one pictured.



The bindings are great. I can get into and out of my snowshoes in about 20 seconds, with gloves on! I have not seen any other snowshoes come close to this. In Colorado, even in the dead of winter there are windblown sections, and rather than blow my crampons, I simply take 'em off, since it is so easy.



They also work great traversing. I have been on trips with people with Redfeather snowshoes, and I can traverse slopes much more easily because the 'fabric' flexes to allow your foot to be vertical, while your snowshoe lies parallel to the slope, to allow good stability and crampon purchase.



The only problem I've had, is sometimes crusty snow would catch the buckly and pop the heel buckle loose. From what I can see in the picture of the current picure, this has been re-designed.



Yes, you can get snowshoes cheaper, but I wouldn't recommend it!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2