Page Type: Gear Review
Object Title: Horse Thief
Manufacturer: Big Agnes
Created/Edited: Feb 25, 2007 / Feb 25, 2007
Object ID: 2677
Layering with Over Bags
The concept of layering for different conditions is nothing new to outdoor enthusiasts. For example, you wear one garment next to your skin and then add layers to obtain the ideal temperature and moisture management system. Sleeping bags aren’t much different. Combine a sleeping pad, any sleeping bag and a Big Agnes over bag to create a versatile year-round system that you can pick from based on trip and temperature needs. Benefits of layering include added warmth, versatility, moisture transfer, value and comfort. Synthetic over bags are ideal when moisture is a concern as they insulate when wet and protect the inner bag while down over bags perform better in dry conditions. Mummy shaped bags, such as the Horse Thief, can be used as a liner bag or make a great over bag for the minimalist.
- Fill: 725 goose down
- Temperature rating: +35(F)
- Integrated pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- 60" YKK #8 zipper. Mate together any of our left and right zip bags with 60" zipper
- Mummy shape decreases weight & packed size
- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack included
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes Pillow
- Shell fabric: WRM breathable, water resistant and wind proof nylon microfiber rip-stop
- Interior lining: WRM breathable, water resistant and wind proof nylon microfiber rip-stop
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- LEFT OR RIGHT ZIPPER? When you are in the bag, on your back, the right zip will be on your right side, left zip on your left side.
|Size - Color||Fabric||Fill Type / Fill Weight||Bag Weight||Stuff Sack Size||Compressed Bag Size||US Retail Price|
|Regular - gray/black|
Large - gray/black
|725 / 9.5oz|
725 / 11.5oz
|7.5" x 15"|
7.5" x 15"
|7.5" X 4.5"|
7.5" X 5.5"