Who's it for?
Climbers and ski-mountaineers tackling a variety of peaks, from technical mixed routes and grade VI ice to low-angle volcanoes.
Heavily insulated for temperatures down to –30˚C, the I.C.E. 9 boot provides comfortable flex on approach or free-heel skiing, then converts to a rigid platform for high-performance vertical climbing.
I.C.E. technology provides unmatched versatility. The flexibility in the forefoot of the sole and upper provides excellent comfort, dexterity, and mobility. The patented outsole supports a stainless steel cleat in the arch, securing the crampon to enhance safety, efficiency and climbing precision. Use with alpine ski bindings, such as Silvretta or Voile, for exceptional control and comfort both ascending and descending. Water-resistant and supportive, its conforming fit gives superior comfort over the varied terrain of lengthy expeditions. Unique Y-bars enhance ankle stability and heel-hold, while providing secure attachments for the I.C.E. 9 gaiter without obtrusive straps or clasps.
- IntegraFit Last
- I.C.E. System
- Stretch Shoeller Keprotech Tongue
- I.C.E. Sole Platform
- Deeply grooved and nylon reinforced toe bail ledge creates an ultra secure attachment point for bindings and crampons that won’t erode from heavy use.
- Dual-compound Vibram® outsole combines a high-durometer compound for solid edging and durability around the perimeter with a softer rubber in the forefoot for smearing traction
- Patent-pending heel-lock device allows the wearer to adjust heel-hold via laces
- Primaloft® insulated (400 g) for superior warmth in a single boot
- Waterproof polyurethane-laminated upper conforms to foot for a custom fit with enhanced durability over uncoated leather
Stretch Schoeller® Keprotech tongue and gusset create a trim, flexible, and conforming fit
- Molded plastic plate shields the back of ankles against excessive pressure from the crampon heel-throw
- Stainless steel cleat in arch attaches to crampon to isolate the boot’s flex zone