Built for backcountry ski touring, the pack bag itself is devoid of distracting bells and whistles, with only the main compartment, an external shovel pocket, and small stash pocket. Total capacity in the mid 2000 cubic inch range. The fixed top lid and removable ice axe loops and retainers enhance its ascetic aesthetics, and the dedicated Hypalon ski carriers add to its pragmatism. The suspension system, on the other hand, is pure comfort. Thermoformed foam in shoulder straps and back panel put a welcome cushion between you and your load, and the ultralight mesh hip belt positions unique foam SquashPods over your hipbones. And while ostensibly for ski touring, we've found the Khamski just as functional whenever high speed, low drag tactics are in order, from minimalist alpine climbs to long distance day hikes.
Similar Products: Arc'Teryx Borea, Dana Design Snow Factor, TNF Patrol Pack (2001-02)
- Smooth, water and snow shedding fabrics
- Fixed top pocket
- Adjustable, removable ice axe loops and retainers
- Thermoformed, contoured shoulder straps
- Hypalon quick release ski attachments
- Hip belt utilizes hipbone-protecting SquashPods™
- Interchangeable (S, M, L) unisex hip belt
- Thermoformed back panel follows back contours
- Map pocket
- Modified kangaroo pouch to hold skins, mitts and most any shovels
- Stash pocket on front panel provides easy access while a WaterTight™ zipper keeps everything dry
No reviews written yet.