Pinnacle

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Pinnacle
Manufacturer Marmot
Page By jdstrong
Page Type Nov 20, 2005 / Nov 20, 2005
Object ID 1503
Hits 4517
Vote
The marmot pinnacle is a versitle sleeping bag made in regular, long and womens sizes. The standard fabric is 30-denier nylon/50-denier polyester but you can also get the upgrade to Pertex® Chainlink 30-denier nylon / 50-denier polyester for additional wind and water protection. A few bags are still out their with Gore Dryloft, which weighs slightly more. The baffeling is extinsive with a 6 baffle hood, 11 baffle foot box and strech tricot baffles throughout. Marmot uses 800 fill adult European goose down fill for insulation.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

jdstrong - Nov 20, 2005 4:25 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I have the dryloft version of this bag and have found it amazing. Although the rating is for +15 degrees, I have found it comfortable down to 0 (although I am a warm sleeper). It works perfect for almost any situation in the cascades from camping to mountaineering. The dryloft adds about 3 oz of weight, but makes the bag water resistant and windproof. A big plus for the mountaineering side of things.

mlt205 - Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm - Voted 5/5

Pinnacle 15 degree down bag
Pros: very light, warm, lots of room
Cons: expensive

I bought this bag from REI's webiste on February 4th 2011 after checking it out in the store and reading reviews online. Most of my time spent camping has been in the summer time on the East Coast so I have been very happy with my experience with 30 degree bags. I bought this bag because since moving into my current job, my camping trips have been moved to the shoulder seasons and the winter and a more appropriate sleeping bag is in order.

I have used my bag once since I bought it, in a backyard campout. The temperature was in the high 20s that night and I was completely comfortable in just my boxer shorts. I toss and turn a lot at night and usually in a sleeping bag I end up with the bag tangled around me, but in this bag i never found myself tangled up or sleeping in the bag upside down.

I am initially very pleased with this sleeping bag and I am looking forward to sleeping in it on my weeklong trip at the beginning of March. I would probably buy this sleeping bag again and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2