Favorite water bottle!
This is a bit of money, but worth every cent. The only draw back is that it has a plastic smell. You need to wash it out very good before you first use it.
This water bottle withstands my heavy beatings of my day to day use. This new model is an improvement from their last. It comes stander with a sports cap, and stands on its end better. Also is shaped to fit your hand easy. This new 2009 model also comes with a hard plastic ring on top so you can clip it on to your pack while hiking for quick easy access.
The drawback is that since it made out of a more malleable plastic, its not as slick as a regular water bottle with a stiff surface. So this means you can not put it in most water bottle holders build onto packs fully loaded with 1 liter of water in it. It has to go inside your pack, or clipped on outside somewhere.
I do enjoy the light weight of it and its durability. I take it to school everyday and when done, I can just squeeze all the air out and roll it up to almost nothing.
Features * Features a new shape that's even easier to hold and drink from than earlier versions; carry/hang loop adds convenience
* Incredibly durable triple-layer laminate, welded construction lasts trip after trip
* Food-grade polyethylene lining ensures bottle won't retain flavors or taste like plastic
* 80% lighter than standard hard-plastic bottles, it takes five 1-liter Platypus bottles to equal the weight of one 1-liter hard-plastic bottle
* Compact and flexible design can be flattened when empty and rolled up to fit practically anywhere in your pack
* Tough enough to handle temperatures from freezing to boiling; bottle stands upright when full
* Push/pull cap allows quick and easy drinking
* Add Platypus accessories such as a taste-free drink tube or screw-on cap (both sold separately) to increase the bottle's versatility
Weight 0.8 ounce
Capacity 34 fl. oz. / 1 liter
Dimensions 10.75 x 6 inches