Superslacker Rope Bag

 

Superslacker Rope Bag
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Superslacker Rope Bag
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By Alan Ellis
Page Type Aug 5, 2003 / Jan 20, 2007
Object ID 772
Hits 5390
Vote
Dirt, debris and grime are a rope’s worst enemy. Do a rope a favor and get the SuperSlacker. Designed for the lazy slag in all of us, the SuperSlacker does away with coiling hassles and seals up with the tug of a zipper. The SuperSlacker also makes a great rope bucket on multi-pitch routes.

- Protect your climbing rope--keep it clean in this handy carry bag.
- Use the bag as a tarp to keep rope clean when you're belaying from the ground; use bag as a "bucket" to feed rope out from hanging belays.
- On rappels, toss your rope down still bagged to reduce the likelyhood of snags or knotting.
- The bag zips up one side, has a drawstring on either end and compression straps running around it.
- A webbing carry handle bar-tacked to the top and an adjustable webbing strap give you carrying optiions.
- Keeps a rope clean and tangle-free.
- Padded shoulder strap and zippered closure
- Folds out into a large tarp for belays



Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Alan Ellis - Aug 5, 2003 9:49 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This bag is great for the crags (and sometimes for the mountains). This brings out the lazy climber in me. I never coil a rope unless going into the mountains. Just flake your rope into the bag and cinch it up. No fuss, no muss. The rope later comes out just like you flaked it in. The tarp spreads out pretty big and has loops to tie the end of your rope to the bag. Cons: It has one over-the-shoulder strap instead of two backpack straps. Backpack straps would make this thing perfect. Also, I have worn small holes in the bottom of my bag, dragging the tarp around on the ground. Sometimes you have to move the tarp when belaying. The bottom of the bag needs to be heavier nylon.

aglane - Mar 14, 2007 12:55 am - Voted 5/5

BD Superslacker Rope Bag
Good price, weight, convenience.

Cinches down very small and tight.

hundy - Sep 25, 2007 5:34 pm - Voted 5/5

Great Rope Bag
I like how this bag makes transport of my rope very easy, it folds out well to keep the rope clean and safe. The bag also secures to the outside of my pack very well.

fossana - Feb 18, 2008 4:35 pm - Voted 5/5

low maintenance
Bought this last year as an upgrade to my Metolius Rope Master. It's light and a lot easier to both undo and pack up than the Metolius. Personally, I've never seen much need for a second shoulder strap. Would definitely recommend.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4