Tripod Bivy

 

Tripod Bivy
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Tripod Bivy
Manufacturer Bibler
Page By Josh
Page Type Dec 13, 2001 / Jan 16, 2007
Object ID 69
Hits 7851
Vote
Bibler Tripod Bivy Todd Bibler's latest creation. The Tripod Bivy is a larger, more spacious (and more civilized) incarnation of the bivy sack for solo adventures, lightweight trips, or anytime you don't want to carry the extra weight of a tent. Three poles add head and foot room, increasing the usable interior space and eliminating the dreaded "bivy" claustrophobia. ToddTexâ„¢ fabric provides protection from rain and snow, while allowing the breathability necessary for a comfortable, moisture-free night. The awning covered door allows easy venting and a view of the outside world. A laminated nylon floor will withstand the abuse of sleeping on snow or rock and mesh netting keeps the flying critters where they belong. Setup is easy, especially since the Tripod Bivy is free-standing, and the small size fits easily into a backpack, bike pack,or haul bag. Completely seam taped.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

noah - Jan 28, 2003 11:39 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I've had the bibler tripod bivy for about three years now. Over that period of time i have used it in many different environments, from insect infested beaches to wet rainforests and now in the alps. And many different applications, hiking, sea kayaking and mountaineering.

The tripod is unreal, giving you a tent like feel, without the weight and packing space.

You will find that you will sleep much warmer inside it.

The bivy feature a small "roof or lip" which enables you open the door a bit to keep airflowing.

Fitting the two poles at the head can be a bit of a pain.... that's my only dislike !


Viewing: 1-1 of 1