CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Huzzah! Someone has finally climbed Owl's Head. Good stuff, and thanks for taking one for the team, as it were.
Posted Jul 11, 2005 3:19 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

thanks. It was actually fun, a nice shady walk (and jog) with some refreshing stream crossings on a hot day.
Posted Jul 12, 2005 9:56 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Another new one for me.

Posted Jul 11, 2005 5:10 pm

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Good. Route page is particularly thorough.
Posted Jul 11, 2005 11:20 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

Thank you.
Posted Jul 12, 2005 9:53 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very nice page! Great addition!

-Britt
Posted Jul 12, 2005 8:23 am

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

thanks!
Posted Jul 12, 2005 9:53 am

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Fine page, Dave. You've been a busy boy! Keep up the great work. BTW, have you become an elf? I see changes on one of my pages that would appear to be work of a kind elf like yourself.
Posted Jul 13, 2005 12:38 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

have you become an elf?

Not that I've noticed. I've always been fine-boned...

The only change I'm responsible for is creating a Carter-Moriah Range group which includes Wildcat. (Klenke is the one whose magic ring gives him the power, but I suggested it.)
Posted Jul 13, 2005 4:40 pm

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Dave, check out this thread in VFFT:

sorry, too lazy to make it a link.

-David
Posted Jul 27, 2005 11:02 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

Yep, I'd already included on this page a link to a VFTT trip report about one of the measurements that triggered that newspaper article. If I understand correctly, the next step is for the AMC to send one of their own officials to repeat the measurements.

I expect that the 4000-Footers Club will then announce a transition period during which folks who've already climbed Owl's Head but only reached the cairn can still claim credit for it. I'll post details on this page when I read about them (most likely on VFTT).
Posted Jul 28, 2005 10:19 am

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Thankfully I have not been lulled onto any false peaks yet! I wonder if anybody ever thought of driving a trail of sorts up the NW ridge. It would be a pretty mellow climb by the looks of the topo.

I busted my thumb last weekend. Surgery scheduled for next week, definitely a damper on summer fun. Where are you headed??

-D
Posted Jul 28, 2005 2:41 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

The NW ridge bushwhack was the topic of another thread on VFTT very recently. Supposedly not too bad as bushwhacks go, though there's a chance of not finding the trail when doing it as a descent. The real problem is the distance from the road - anything that slows your progress (like bushwhacking) can make it a VERY long day.

Haven't picked my next objective yet. Gonna have to do Isolation (probably Davis too, the view is supposed to be better) and Cabot at some point, but I may stick to easier stuff until the heat subsides.
Posted Jul 28, 2005 3:24 pm

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Ah, yes, Cabot and Isolation. I believe that might be all that's left of the NH 48 for SP to have complete coverage. I was hoping to make a Cabot trip with a night an unknown Pond, including brining some novice hikers, but that got too complicated and won't be happening anytime soon. If I had not gone scuba diving last Saturday, it would have Isolation for me. If I had done that I probably would still have a good thumb. I'm looking for shorter stuff while the old thumb heals up. Where do you stand on the 115 list?
Posted Jul 30, 2005 12:46 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Nice page on an isolated mountain. Looked like fun.
Posted Jul 16, 2005 3:46 am