Paddles

Paddles

A rare non-summit photo of Paddles at Muir Pass, there are only a handful of such photos in existence. This was his first visit to one of the high passes on the John Muir Trail. He was so impressed with the scenery and accompanying hut he let me get away with this one. September 2011
mrchad9
on Sep 7, 2011 12:46 pm
Image ID: 744352

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Sep 7, 2011 1:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Paddles' alway...

on the move!
Good thing he doesn't eat or drink, does not need a sleeping bag or heavy boots, but he sure loves those long distance piggyback rides.
:-)

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Sep 7, 2011 2:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Paddles' alway...

Haha... Paddles is the strongest advocate I've encountered for keeping it light. I think he's worried that if I am weighed down he might get left behind!

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Sep 8, 2011 10:33 am - Voted 10/10

Do you know...

...the name of the peak on the left? I have a picture of it from my 1999 backpacking trip but don't know the name. Thanks for any help.

I agree that Muir Pass is beautiful. The view from it, and the hike to it up LeConte Canyon, was just breathtaking. Of the places I went on the 99 trip, Muir Pass was my favorite for scenery. Most of it was trail scenery, though, as I had not really caught the climbing bug yet. That came a few days later at Kearsarge Pinnacles, though.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Sep 8, 2011 1:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Do you know...

The upper portion of LeConte Canyon near Muir Pass is fantastic.

The summit visible on the left is unnamed, simply Point 12776. The slopes on the right belong to Mount Solomons, and the ridge in the background on the far left (where the summit isn't visible) is just a portion of an unnamed hill in the Ionian Basin between Black Giant and Mout McDuffie. Here is a photo taken from above on Mount Fiske. The unnamed peak you mention here is dead center in this photo.

Click here for Helen Lake photo

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Sep 9, 2011 10:26 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Do you know...

Thanks, and that's a great shot of Helen Lake and those peaks.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5