desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Helpful page for those visiting RMNP and those wanting to see the west side of longs
Posted Jul 26, 2003 4:37 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Thanks for stoppping by and taking the time to read the Pagoda page. Take care.
Posted Jul 27, 2003 10:13 am

Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Another great page by the Kaner. Don't forget to sign the summit log. :)

Alan
Posted Jul 26, 2003 8:17 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Allen, Thanks for the 4-star. Sorry to hear you couldn't make it down here for Vestal. It's gotta be killing you. BTW-looks like that photo of Moran might be 2003's best photo on SP! Keep me posted on your visit in Oct.
Posted Jul 27, 2003 10:12 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Great info and wonderful pictures.
Posted Jul 26, 2003 9:48 pm

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Awesome page Kaner. Makes me want to go up there again! Thanks.
Posted Jul 26, 2003 11:25 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Sharon, I have never formally met you. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the 4-star.
Posted Jul 27, 2003 10:09 am

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Kaner's really done it this time. Fabulous! After seeing these pics, Glacier Gorge is on our itinerary, probably for several trips, for next year. Thank you, Kaner!
Posted Jul 27, 2003 11:09 am

SharonUntitled Comment

Sharon

Hi Kaner-

No, we've never formally--or informally--met. I live in WA. I was surfing to see what was new & was struck by your Pagoda page...and the great pics.

The only climbing I've ever done in CO was rock on Independence Pass near Aspen when our friends Reese & Charlotte got married 2 yrs ago. But, I would love to climb in the Rockies there! Someday...

Sharon
Posted Jul 28, 2003 2:45 am

smudgeUntitled Comment

smudge

Great Page!!! This is one I hope to get to this summer..This page gets me all the more excited. I always appreciate your pages. Well done!
Posted Jul 29, 2003 10:52 am

GrantUntitled Comment

Grant

looks like a challenging peak.
Posted Sep 8, 2003 8:36 pm

miztflipUntitled Comment

miztflip

One of the isolated rarely visited beauties of RMNP. Thanks kane for a great page.
Posted Apr 6, 2004 12:29 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

More good stuff! I'll be adding some pictures of the south side and perhaps a route page soon.
Posted Aug 9, 2004 1:08 am

Kevin SealUntitled Comment

Kevin Seal

Great Page! Found this very useful for my trip to Colorado this past summer. Tried Pagoda, but got turned back by hail/lightning.
Posted Oct 22, 2004 2:42 pm

James CUntitled Comment

James C

RMNP has some good ones!
Posted Feb 3, 2006 7:34 pm

CharlesDLongs-Pagoda traverse

CharlesD

Great page, of course. I was in the area trying to figure out how to get to Pagoda from Longs. Roach's 14ers book mentions the Grand/Radical Slam which includes a traverse from the Narrows through a "pesky 30' cliff band" over to Pagoda, then dropping down between two of the Keyboard keys and traversing over to the Trough. The first part seems dicey but simple enough (though we decided yesterday it was too sketchy to attempt in running shoes), but what's up with the second? Anyone have any beta on that part?

Then again, maybe this is my cue to run Pagoda from Sandbeach Lake. That would be a nifty trip!
Posted Aug 9, 2009 10:58 pm