Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.00449°N / 10.92099°E
Additional Information County: Trentino Alto-Adige
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Pala delle Lastiele

Pala delle Lastiele is a 250 meters high crag situated to the North of Parete Zebrata, a well known and frequented wide slabby wall. Lastiele is a wall that doesn't particularly stand out when compared to other majestic summits of Sarca Valley, as the impressive and towering walls of Monte Brento and Cima alle Coste. Also the adjacent Parete Zebrata to the left is more flashy. However it has a significant interest its vertical and inviting South wall, where we find some high-class climbs, amongst which the most famous and frequently climbed and also less demanding is the superclassic "L'Isola di Nagual". Pala delle Lastiele South Face is a sunny and well exposed wall, on which it's possible to climb pleasantly also during the winter season.

 

Parete Zebrata, Pala delle Lastiele and Dain di Pietramurata

From left to right: Parete Zebrata, Pala delle Lastiele in the middle and Dain di Pietramurata on the right

Getting There

Road access

From A22 Brennero Motorway exit “Rovereto Sud – Lago di Garda Nord” and follow the road 240 towards Riva del Garda, Nago and Arco, reaching Nago and Arco. Once getting to Arco first roundabout, turn to right following the road towards Dro and Trento, entering the Sarca Valley. Skirt the small town of Dro and carry on along the main road in the direction of Pietramurata, Sarche and Trento. Pass the parking lot of the Parete Zebrata sport-sector and shortly before getting to the village of Pietramurata  there is a fish farm on the right. Nearby the entrance gate there is an open space where you can park. (about 30 km. from Rovereto Sud exit).

Sarca Valley panorama from Dro
Sarca Valley panorama from Dro
Pala delle Lastiele
Pala delle Lastiele

Routes overview

Pala delle Lastiele routes overview from left to right

- Diedro dei Predoni
- Emodialisi
- Baci di Carta
- Pilastro Olimpos
- L'Isola di Nagual
- Il Gatto Hero
- Roberto Tonsori

Pala delle Lastiele and Dain di Pietramurata
Pala delle Lastiele and Dain di Pietramurata
Yellow dihedral on Isola del Nagual
Yellow dihedral on Isola del Nagual

 

Approach to the crag

From the parking lot cross the road and take a forest road (close a few meters further). Follow it up to a big junction (keep right). After a few hundred meters it comes off on the left a track that gradually becomes a path. Take this track (a few cairns) in the direction of the obvious dihedral formed between the slabs to the left and the same Pala delle Lastiele to the right. Skirt the base of the wall to the right slightly downhill to find the starting point of the various routes. The first route on the left is Diedro dei Predoni.

Route Emodialisi, Pala delle Lastiele
Route Emodialisi, Pala delle Lastiele
Dihedral on the route Isola di Nagual, Sarca Valley
Dihedral on the route Isola di Nagual, Sarca Valley

 

Steep pillar on Emodialisi, Pala delle Lastiele

Steep pillar on "Emodialisi"

Route Isola di Nagual, Pala delle Lastiele
Route Isola di Nagual, Pala delle Lastiele

Descent: the descent by walking involves to rise to Pain della Paia and then follow a good path to reach the Sarca Valley (2 hours from the summit). Otherwise it's possible to abseil down the routes Emodialisi and Baci di Carta.

Grades and Scales

According to the Italian climbing areas' habit, trad routes grades are expressed in UIAA Scale, while the modern routes ones are expressed in French Scale.

Red Tape

There are no restrictions in climbing, hiking, biking and other open air sport activities.

Climate and nature

Due to the Garda Lake’s propitious influence and the area’s limited altitude, the climate is mild and it’s possible to climb in all seasons. Nature is magnificent, showing a pleasant marriage of Mediterranean flora and alpine one.

Sunset in Sarca Valley
Sunset in Sarca Valley

When to climb

The mild climate allows to climb all year round

Where to stay

This area is a primary touristic destination, offering several hotels, agriturismo, bed and breakfast, renting rooms and apartments in Arco, Dro, Pietramurata and Ceniga. Campings in Arco and Pietramurata.

Meteo

METEO TRENTINO
DOLOMITI METEO - TRENTINO

Guidebooks and maps

- Guidebooks

“Pareti del Sarca” by Diego Filippi – Edizioni Versante Sud "Arco Pareti" by Diego Filippi - Edizioni Versante Sud 2013

- Maps

“Valle del Sarca” – Map 1.25.000 - Edizioni Meridiani Montagne



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.