Parmakkaya

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.70240°N / 39.12603°E
Additional Information Elevation: 9022 ft / 2750 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Parmakkaya is one of the greatest and challenging towers of Aladaglar (Taurus Mountains). This limestone pinnacle offers a 3-4 pitches traditional route on the south face and an alpine sport (bolted) route on the north face.

Getting There

Point of entry to the southern sector of Aladaglar is Cukurbag village. A 3 km gravel road connects village and Emli Valley. If you do not have a car you can hire a tractor or a four wheeler from the village. Entrance of the valley is a camping place called Sari Memedin Yurdu. You can find water all year long here. After Sari Memedin Yurdu, you should follow the main valley towards SE, aiming the Aksam Pinari camp. It takes around 1 to 2 hours to get Aksampinari camp and you can see Parmakkaya on the upper right side when you get Aksampinari.

Red Tape

Aladaglar is a national park with its famous mountain goats. A very small fee required at the village on daily basis.

When To Climb

Aladaglar is generally dry betwen late June and late september. This period offers best conditions for most comfortable ascents.

Camping

Camping is allowed in the area. You can stay at Demirkazik Hut for about 30 USD. +90 388 724 72 00 Or you can find very small and traditional pensions in Demirkazik village (village houses actually).

Mountain Conditions

Government owned Demirkazik Mountain Hut: +90 388 724 72 00



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.