Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 48.43534°N / 120.23269°W
Additional Information County: Okanogan
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 3511 ft / 1070 m
Sign the Climber's Log
View from Patterson
View from Patterson

Overview

     Patterson mountain is an easy walk up peak that the whole family can do.  With about 4 miles of total distance and 1100 feet of elevation, everybody can get a nice little workout in.  At just over 3500 feet high the views are surprisingly good too.  Down below is Patterson Lake, to the west is Sun Mountain Lodge and in the distance you'll see the Methow valley and Okanogan wilderness.  Of course there are also real mountains rising up in the background to be climbed at a later date.

Getting There

     From the town of Winthrop, take hwy 20 towards Twisp.  Just outside of town you will go right onto Twin Lakes rd. After about 3.5 miles take another right onto Patterson Lake rd and go about 3.5 miles more to the Patterson Lake boat launch on your left.  Park at the boat launch parking lot and cross to the opposite side of the road where you will find the trailhead marked with a small gate.

Route 

     From the gated trailhead entrance simply follow the well used trail uphill.  Eventually the trail forks and becomes a loop.  Both forks will take you to the summit trail wich forks off of the loop tra

When to Climb

     This trail can probably be hiked all year long.  Might be a nice snowshoe trail in winter.

Camping

     There are a variety of camping options in the Winthrop area.

External Links

Add External Links text here.