Peak 10857'

Peak 10857'

Peak 10857' is the turning point of the ridgeline the connects Lonesome Lake Peak and Patterson Peak. The peak is surrounded by beautiful alpine lakes including Born Lakes, Four Lakes Basin, and Quiet Lake.

This is the view of Peak 10857' as seen from the base of Blackman Peak to the west, with long evening shadows being cast across Ants Basin. Lonesome Lake Peak is just outside of the photo to left, with the north face of Patterson Peak on the far right side of the photo. The saddle to the right of the peak leads to Four Lakes Basin, and the low point on the ridge to the left is known as Devil's Staircase. A cool looking pinnacle is just to the left of the staircase. The Born Lakes are located at the base of the mountain amidst the trees.
Super Dave
on Feb 8, 2007 10:35 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking,  Informational,  Scenery
Image ID: 268181

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
awilsondc

awilsondc - Feb 11, 2007 3:19 am - Voted 10/10

Woo Hoo!!!

I was on that little pinacle to the left of devils staircase in my profile photo! Great shot Dave, it reminds me of a couple I have from the same area.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Feb 11, 2007 6:12 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Woo Hoo!!!

Thanks SR. I put a link to the wide angle view of you on that pinnacle in the description of this photo. You tha man!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2