mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very awesome page! Excellent job on info and pictures! Wonderful and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Oct 7, 2004 10:27 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Great page! I really like the pictures, though somebody out there seems to not appreciate them quite so much...
Posted Oct 7, 2004 10:50 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Awesome as usual.
Posted Oct 7, 2004 11:32 pm

ColonelpyatUntitled Comment

Colonelpyat

Nice one. Great shots and descriptions make me feel like I was there. Wait! I was there. Or, did I dream it...
Posted Oct 8, 2004 12:43 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

A beauty of a summitpost!

Posted Oct 8, 2004 5:09 am

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

A great picture in the overview section! I was astonished to read that they are aspen. I would have said birches. But it is another continent...

Your "golden" image captions are hard to read. Maybe you can make them a little darker. Otherwise the colour maps the aspen picture pretty well!
Posted Oct 8, 2004 8:29 am

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Wow! Excellent page, very well detailed.

Have a good one...
Posted Oct 8, 2004 10:51 am

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

phew! That there is some good reading! Way to go Jon, this is a prime example of what a SP page should look like. Have you ever considered writing a book?
Posted Oct 8, 2004 8:45 pm

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

OUTSTANDING!
Posted Oct 10, 2004 4:36 am

csmcgranahanUntitled Comment

csmcgranahan

Looks great but it appears your coordinates are wrong!
Posted May 19, 2005 9:24 am

RyanSJust visited Mount Owen

RyanS

And just revisited this lovely page. Erin and I tried to traverse from Owen to Cotton King (I like the name, btw!), but we were scared off the ridge near PT 13,054 by incoming weather. Cotton King is certainly a beautiful mountain that demands a future visit.
Posted Jul 16, 2007 8:40 pm

JonBradfordRe: Just visited Mount Owen

JonBradford

Ryan,
Thanks for commenting on the page. I hope you enjoyed the Wild Cherry Creek basin. I love that place. I feel a bit sheepish about my naming habits... I desperately want to give good and honerable names to my favorite places (that lack names) but I know much of the world is uptight about nomenclature. I remember hiking down from Buffalo Mountain and coming across a women who talked about her plans to ascend Buffalo and traverse to Sacred Buffalo. I found it amusing that the terminalogy that only existed in my head was being recited to me. My names are only suggestions. Cotton King crowns the Cotton Lake basin, hence cotton king (also a play on the old phrase "cotton is king" and a bit of a reference to a sonic youth song). Glad you and Erin are back.
Jon
Posted Jul 16, 2007 9:30 pm

edevartTwo pages?

edevart

Hi,

Great page...just went up "Cotton King" yesterday via the Cotton/Cherry loop and really enjoyed it.

One question - why don't you split this page into two? It seems to me that "Cotton King" deserves its own page. It is the highest peak in the area (higher than Owen) and can be climbed via multiple routes (good routes page fodder).

Anyway, just a thought.
Posted Jun 21, 2010 9:31 am

[ Return to 'Peak 13,490 (Cotton King Peak) and Peak 13,122 (Wild Cherry Peak)' main page ]