Pedra Riscada/MG - Brazil

Pedra Riscada/MG - Brazil

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Flora, Informational, Scenery, Panorama

Pedra Riscada

The largest monolith of Brazil - perhaps the americas - with wall of 1260m (southwest face), located in the southeast of the country, in the city of São José do Divino - state of Minas Gerais - on the border with the state of Espirito Santo, it is part of the massif of the Serra dos Aimorés, 450 kilometers from Belo Horizonte, the region that concentrates the largest granite outcrops of Brazil.

Climb

 

 

 



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Jul 4, 2016 1:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Wonderful!

Remarkable gallery, Flavio!
Cheers, Silvia

Flávio Varricchio

Flávio Varricchio - Jul 11, 2016 6:28 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful!

grazie silvia
a beautiful rock, silent witness the changes caused by man that destroyed almost the entire forest in its surroundings

EricChu

EricChu - Jan 4, 2019 3:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful!

Yes, this is deeply sad...and even sadder to think that it's going to continue, and now there's nothing anybody can do about it any more...

Flávio Varricchio

Flávio Varricchio - Jan 4, 2019 6:14 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful!

in this region, livestock tradition, remains less than 1% of the forest.

what's left is still destroyed, culturally the people see the forest as dirty, find beautiful the deforested hills, cattle grazing, the consequences are ignored - the region suffers from severe droughts, months without rain - but the mentality does not change, despite of all suffering caused by their ignorance.

yes, it will continue, in a world where Trump in the Usa and Bolsonaro in Brazil come to power, nothing can be expected that more encourage the destruction of nature.

When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you can’t eat money.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.