Pelister Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 27 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Another good page from Velebit!

Very informative and useful! Great!
Posted Sep 16, 2004 2:53 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Bor!!
Posted Sep 16, 2004 3:39 pm

rokajUntitled Comment

rokaj

Very god, Bor

You should make some repairs on your Point Baba masiff -under

point 8: Griva height is 2.198m instead of 2.918m.

Regards ROK
Posted Sep 16, 2004 4:13 pm

rokajUntitled Comment

rokaj

Sorry, I should say Velebit not Bor.Sorry again
Posted Sep 16, 2004 4:16 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Rok for positive opinion!! Also thanks for warning me about that altitude mistake, I repaired it.

Cheers

Sasa
Posted Sep 16, 2004 4:19 pm

KlenkeUntitled Comment

Klenke

Mr. Manywords, nicely done.

I'm not too fond of your copyright mark on all your photos. I find them distracting. You must be concerned about infringements.

Also, what's with the whole paragraph being a link in the Ohrid Lake section on the main page? Looks odd. Programming error?
Posted Sep 16, 2004 5:10 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Mr. Manywords :-) Thanks for the positive opinion about the page Paul!

I'm not worried about infringements because photos are mine but reason is that people copy these photos to their hard disks and they end up who knows where; on someone else's sites, some brochures. So this way at least it is known from whom they originate.

I've seen that before on some paragraphs where photo is in the corner. It is some server error when processing html after editing. I use Netscape but this error doesn't show but it does in IE, which I don't like and don't use. It happens when link isn't closed but it is, I checked. I don't know.
Posted Sep 16, 2004 8:09 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

It's midnight, I managed to read half and I know I'll sleep fine, because tomorrow something pleasant is waiting for me - the other half :-))

But I saw all pictures. This is something that can't be resisted. They are simply great! Clear, colourful, perfect compositions, even if sometimes the mountain itself is a bit boring. And - as for taking pictures of water, you're the best. Spectacular work, Sasa!
Posted Sep 16, 2004 6:11 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Vid, very much, both for page and photo compliments!!

I agree with what you said. Baba is nice but not spectacular. It is not on the level of Julian Alps or Velebit or Durmitor but whole area (Macedonian Lakeland) is something special. This is what makes it worth visiting, fantastic blend of nice nature and very rich history. There is much to see around!
Posted Sep 16, 2004 8:12 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Good page Sasha, quite interesting to learn about the lake and its trout. Looks like a good climbing vacation spot.
Posted Sep 16, 2004 6:21 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Mark!! Yes, that what I emphasize on this page. Baba massif is certainly not the only and I dare to say not even a main reason to visit. It is whole area with amazing mix of very nice nature and fantastic historical sites. Indeed, great place to spend vacation and wander around.
Posted Sep 16, 2004 8:15 pm

Diego SahagĂșnUntitled Comment

Diego SahagĂșn

Great Velebit! Any summit logs or books?
Posted Sep 16, 2004 8:14 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Diego!! I don't know why but I don't usualy sign the summit long of the page I make :-) Books, you mean guides? I don't think so, I didn't notice in the book stores. I don't understand why they don't have mountaineering maps, Macedonia is not some undeveloped third world country?! One man told me that Serbs took all the documentation to Belgrade when Macedonia was about to became independent. That could be true but why don't they make new? I guess in few years that would come too.
Posted Sep 17, 2004 6:35 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great page! It looks like a steeper version of Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. Beautiful pictures too! Great job and have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Sep 16, 2004 10:46 pm

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Britt, very much!! It can be said that it is steeper version of Mt.Washington, also quite higher. Baba is bulky massif but with deep valleys that cut into it. On the other hand Washington seams like a simple ridge. At least that is the picture I got.
Posted Sep 17, 2004 6:39 am

brentaUntitled Comment

brenta

Very complete page for an interesting region.

Posted Sep 17, 2004 1:09 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thanks Brenta!!
Posted Sep 17, 2004 6:39 am

wuedesauUntitled Comment

wuedesau

Another excellent page, Aleksandar!
Posted Sep 17, 2004 6:05 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Thank You Klaus!!
Posted Sep 17, 2004 6:39 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Great, Great photos. You will likely get crappy votes for the town pages, as well as the hotel pages. You may want to refer to those on the page, or just copy the images onto the page to avoid this problem. You are a master artist when it comes to photography. Thanks for adding the page.
Posted Sep 17, 2004 11:31 am