Peto zrelo (Fifth Ravine)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.35060°N / 14.40910°E
Additional Information Route Type: Basic snow climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 50°/40° (if the conditions are good), 600 mtrs
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The starting point for Peto zrelo ravine route is the Dom pod Storzicem (1.123 mtrs) hut on the northern side of Storzic mountain.

Starting point can be reached by the main road Kranj - Ljubelj (Loiblpass, Austrian border) to the town Trzic. If you have a car you can drive from Trzic into the Lom valley and towards Dom pod Storzicem hut. During winter time road towards the hut is usually closed at some point and turned into sledge runway (this is very popular here). So you can leave you car at the ramp/gates and continue by foot. From the ramp you need some 30 min to the hut.


Storzic from the north side. Below the summit of Storzic you can see on the left side deep ravine that is Peto zrelo.

Route Description

From Dom pod Storzicem you follow first the signposts for route over the Skarjev rob (NE ridge of Storzic). When you come in the nearness of the north face of Storzic you go at the foothills of it. We ascend in the east direction to the ice ravine where is the start for Kramarjeva ravine. On the left side we see the ravine and on the both side the dwarf pine. You climb over the first small wall about 5 meters high (UIAA I-II). Depending on conditions and snow quantities this wall can be dry, icy or completely covered with snow so that you can walk over it. It is also possible to bypass this wall.



After the wall you follow the ravine, which is still decorated on both sides with dwarf pine, until you come in to the small basin, where you have to hold on to the right and start ascending over the biggest ravine in this section. The difficulties are around 40° maybe somewhere a bit more. Just before you come on the NE ridge you have to climb the steepest part that is steep around 50°. When you climb out of the ravine you have to traverse below NE ridge. At the end of traverse you have some 50 meters to the summit of Storzic over the NE ridge (Skarjev rob).


Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes, helmet, ice axe, crampons and rope (for not good climbers).

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

StorzicRoutes