Phi Kappa/Summit Creek Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Mlasky

Mlasky - Sep 2, 2017 6:28 pm Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2017

Fun Peak  Sucess!

Went to the saddle, climbed both peaks and took the face down from Summit Creek back to the trail. Pretty good scree travel. Lots of fun!

SawtoothSean

SawtoothSean - Aug 24, 2015 2:26 pm Date Climbed: Aug 22, 2015

ridge run  Sucess!

Good recovery hike day after climbing Brocky. Hiked trail to low pass then followed ridge back over Phi Kappa and higher Pt

mjp20k

mjp20k - Sep 15, 2014 2:22 pm Date Climbed: Aug 9, 2014

Tagged both peaks  Sucess!

Gorgeous day in the mountains; climbed with Mark Duffy

gbrill

gbrill - Jul 29, 2014 12:34 pm Date Climbed: Jul 27, 2014

Enjoyable Hike  Sucess!

Nice hike in the always beautiful Pioneer Mountains.

jrroth

jrroth - Feb 20, 2012 5:11 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2009

Beautiful  Sucess!

"Hiked" this peak from the north face in August 2009, driving about 3 miles past the old mine along Phi Kappa Creek. Very green and scenic, no snow but massive amount of avalanch debris. Continued on over the top and down to Kane Creek and on up to Kane Lake then returning to the truck the same day. The views from the peak and from the eastern end of the ridge up the Kane Cr drainage and east toward the Lost River Range are special. This particular route was long and strenuous but a fantastic memory.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Jul 10, 2011 12:32 pm Date Climbed: Jul 9, 2011

Great Area!  Sucess!

Climbed both with Mike Fox after abandoning an attempt on Cobb. This area was a very pleasant surprise. The hike was fairly easy and the scenery was amazing! Tons of avalanche debris and many avalanches still melting. It looked like a war zone in some places.

mfox79

mfox79 - Jul 10, 2011 9:57 am Date Climbed: Jul 9, 2011

Fun short hike  Sucess!

After having to abandon our first plans due to high waters we started this hike following the ridgeline abouve summit creek then taking it over Point 10,200 and over to Summit Creek Peaks then on to Phi Kappa Peak. Then down to the saddle and we had a nice trail all the way back to the car. fun day.

BrookTroutLeiphart - Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm Date Climbed: Oct 29, 2008

Mt. Goats  Sucess!

I drove 1.7 miles beyond Phi Kappa Mine to 8,900' in my Ford Explorer (easy-good road). Hiked straite up to the right (west) of the summit in light snow cover. Had lunch on top of Peak 10,585' and two Mountain Goats appeared right below me on the northeast ridge!

Scrambling Man

Scrambling Man - Nov 5, 2007 11:24 am Date Climbed: Nov 3, 2007

Double Peak  Sucess!

Took Trail Creek to the pass and then headed up the ridge to Phi Kappa and then over to Summit Creek. Great fall weather. Some patchy snow on the trail and ridge but nothing deep. Saw what seemed to be Mt. Lion tracks along the upper ridge.

boisedoc

boisedoc - Jul 19, 2006 12:03 am Date Climbed: Jul 9, 2006

Lots of downed trees  Sucess!

Took Summit Creek Trail to the pass and then up Phi Kappa and along the ridge to Summit Creek Peak. Came straight down the face from Summit Creek Peak to the trail. The trail up to the pass has significant numbers of downed trees probably from avalanches that make for slow going at times.

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Nov 12, 2004 10:05 am

Route Climbed: The One I Made Up Date Climbed: June27th/04  Sucess!

A beautiful approach and a good idea to hike this one first if your thinking of trying the DBE... it may change your mind.

IdahoSummits

IdahoSummits - Oct 23, 2004 1:24 am

Route Climbed: West Face Date Climbed: July 5th, 2003  Sucess!

From Trail Creek Summit, followed Summit Creek to the base of the west face and climbed that to the summit. Followed the ridge north to Peak 10585 afterward. Peak 10585 is actually more impressive of a mountain than Phi Kappa.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Phi Kappa/Summit Creek Peak' main page