Phoenix Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 24 « PREV 1 2 NEXT »

mountaingazelleUntitled Comment

mountaingazelle

Good job on your first mountain page. There is enough information to get me to the top and a route page so I give it 4 stars.

Posted Jul 7, 2005 6:17 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks for the encouragement! I just noticed that using the quotations makes the peak come up first alphabetically, so I'll go ahead and remove them. A second route should be forthcoming....
Posted Jul 7, 2005 6:47 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Nice job for a first submission. Some captions in the photos could be expounded on. Other captions are great and have good information. Text is informative. In case you were unaware: Wheeler Geologic Area. Thanks for submitting this mountain to SP!
Posted Jul 7, 2005 7:33 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks for the feedback, Aaron. I will look over my captions again and see where I can give more explanation. I will definitely find a place to link to the Wheeler Geologic page - great photos! I had seen it on the map but didn't really know what was there.
Posted Jul 7, 2005 8:28 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great page Layne! You've been quite buisy on here. Nice work and thanks for sharing. I love Colorado!

-Britt
Posted Jul 7, 2005 9:32 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks, Britt! It is a great state!
Posted Jul 15, 2005 12:45 am

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks, attm!
Posted Jul 15, 2005 12:46 am

Ed FUntitled Comment

Ed F

Nice work.
Posted Jul 7, 2005 10:35 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks for the vote, sisyphus!
Posted Jul 15, 2005 12:46 am

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Looks like you had quite a weekend climbing county high points. Good peak page - will help me when I go there.
Posted Jul 7, 2005 11:19 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks, Larry! Are you a county hp'er, too? Have you considered putting up a map at cohp.org?
Posted Jul 15, 2005 12:49 am

Larry VUntitled Comment

Larry V

Congratulations on finishing the Colorado county high points, Layne! Quite an accomplishment. I just looked at cohp.org for the first time today. When I get some time I'll register. I have a long ways to go, but it's my goal to climb all the mountainous county high points in Colorado.
Posted Jul 24, 2005 6:23 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thank you - it was a fun goal and, as you know, the county highpoints get you to places the 14ers don't. The famed Mike Garratt did as you suggest - all the mountain counties but he has never bothered with the eastern plains!
Posted Jul 24, 2005 7:23 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks for the vote! BTW, I notice you maintain Tsergo Ri. Our guide from Kyanjing Gompa took us up Tsergo Ri(the same summit with the flags) and told us it was the 5033m summit. It was only a 5-6 hr hike from the village, if I recall. Do you think he was mistaken? Your page mentions that the usual summit is only 4980+ meters. (I had questioned it then but trusted the local guide.)
Posted Jul 15, 2005 12:58 am

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks, Christoph. Our guide(in 2003) was a young man from the village, so even the locals may have some confusion on how high their peak is. He was extremely fast and didn't seem to break a sweat; he said he had summitted Langtang Lirung with a Spanish group that year! I guess I haven't been above 5000m then. Well, it is still a nice peak.
Posted Jul 15, 2005 2:57 am

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Yes, I do have photos, but I'm pretty sure that was before I had a digital camera. I'll check on it...
Posted Jul 15, 2005 12:36 pm

Gangolf HaubUntitled Comment

Gangolf Haub

Good first effort. And now I know that hoodoos actually exist and what they look like :-)
Posted Jul 8, 2005 4:21 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Nice post!

Posted Jul 8, 2005 8:59 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Excellent first effort. It's good to see you around SP.
Posted Jul 8, 2005 9:35 pm

Layne BracyUntitled Comment

Layne Bracy

Thanks, Kane! I used to be more of a lurker here, but contributing is pretty fun.
Posted Jul 15, 2005 1:03 am